Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All: This is my first post as a newbie. Thanks for the Yosemite installation guide article on your site. I have followed this (almost) as posted, and have mostly succeeded with the installation. Main hardware is GA Z77X-UP4 TH board (Rev 1.0 / F9) with i5-3570k and 8Gb DDR3. On board Intel HD 4000 graphics All Hard disks and burners are SATA. System is up and running, and I am working through it to see what is or is not working.

I can't even get the unibeast installer to work on that motherboard. Did you use legacy usb? If not, can you walk through the steps to get the installer to work.

Thanks!

Hi OakWorld:

I have everything now running as well as I think it can be (at present). All hardware except USB recognised and working. Of the USB ports, I am lucky to have a front panel extension with 4 x ports connected to the internal headers. Of the 6 back panel ports, the only 2 that are working ok are the 2 Intel ports next to the Lan port and I understand that these may not be perfect as there may be a power issue. I am expecting a USB 3.0 header bracket sometime next week and I'll update you as to working or not.

Spanner

Hi kkeiser81:

First thing is that my system is standard - no overclocking of any sort. Followed the TonyMac guide to the letter on USB stick preparation, and also dragged Multibeast on to it after.
Bios settings as the guide and also some additions as the post by 'thelostswede' - these were:
system time&date / optimised defaults / Intel Virtualisation disabled (for install only as I have parallels) / XMP to profile 1 / on board audio disabled / Init display first to IGFX / EHCI handoff enabled / xHCI mode to Auto and finally, High precision event timer to enabled.
The latest versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast were used - the only initial problems that I had were making sure that the keyboard, mouse and USB stick were in ports that OSX would recognise during the install process - these were the 2 Intel USB 3.0 ports at the Lan port and a front panel USB 2.0 port - none of the Via VL800 ports on the back panel were (and still not) working.
Despite all my efforts, I still dont get a solution to the 4 Via USB ports. Post install settings for USB (for me) are xHCI pre-boot driver enabled / xHCI Mode disabled / xHCI Handoff enabled and EHCI Handoff disabled. Any change to these settings (at present) means that NONE of the back panel USB ports function.

Spanner

Hi Oakworld: Update. I now have all USB ports working on the Yosemite installation on GA Z77X-UP4 TH mobo - this was achieved by the application of the GenericUSBXHCI kext, using KextBeast from TonyMac. The link location for this is http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3745.

Spanner

I'm having one heck of a time with this install. Can someone who has managed this install WITH Multibeast, please post what settings you used???

I know that if I get any of the basic issues taken care of, then I can concentrate on if my graphics card is what is causing me all the trouble... Using the GeForce GTX 780.

I figure that if someone with the same motherboard can post how they managed getting it up and running with multibeast, then I can see if I am wasting too much time with this graphic card OR if I need to try another motherboard.

I wish, as far as systems go, there was a "Video Editor" specific system so that anyone trying to do Premiere, FCP, Davinci etc, we could take note of someone's "POWER SYSTEM". We, editors/colorists/effects people desire lots of ram, lots of graphic power that is software friendly with software mentioned earlier. I based my build on the Mac Pro specs that came out a little while back.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back