Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have not been able to get Yosemite installed. I set up the bios without VT-D and stuff, but when I boot with -v it stops here:
IMG_20150506_150049.jpg

I also tried -x and -f, but so far nothing helps. Anyone able to help? Total newb, sorry.

I have not been able to get Yosemite installed. I set up the bios without VT-D and stuff, but when I boot with -v it stops here:
View attachment 136705

I also tried -x and -f, but so far nothing helps. Anyone able to help? Total newb, sorry.

Seems like graphics issue.

Which connection is using for monitor?? VGA not supported on Yosemite.

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without using any converters.

Then try to boot with "dart=0 -f -x -v"

Yes, I even removed 1 4GB RAM. I still get that stupid
OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate bla bufferCapri already has a class by that name.
Error.

I don't know how to avoid that.

Yes, I even removed 1 4GB RAM. I still get that stupid
OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate bla bufferCapri already has a class by that name.
Error.

I don't know how to avoid that.

You realise you are trying to install with a 6 series processor on a 7 series board with Yosemite. Possibly causing you this issue with the installation.

No, I was not aware. So also I have to get a new CPU? Is there no other way?

PS. I just googled and there seem to be a lot of hackintoshs with Z77 boards and i5 2500K CPUs.

No, I was not aware. So also I have to get a new CPU? Is there no other way?

PS. I just googled and there seem to be a lot of hackintoshs with Z77 boards and i5 2500K CPUs.

You shouldn't have to get another CPU but I haven't tried an Ivy board with a Sandy processor. For the installation make sure that you have set the BIOS to optimised defaults and then set Init Display First to IGFX. Use -x -v -f maxmem=half your installed memory i.e...8GB maxmem=4096 for 16GB maxmem=8192.
If you manage to complete installation, add the mixed graphics configuration patch in MultiBeast along with the necessary selections for your motherboard.

Have same board and CPU. Had to use flag PCIRootUID=1 with unibeast and same flag after install. I could not get onboard graphics to work properly so used gtx 750ti instead. Good luck P.S also had to select nullcpupowermanagement in multibeast due to kernel panics on startup. Had no issues when I had the i5 3570k installed but moved it to another build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back