Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I just finished building my hackintosh and everything seems to be running fine. I was able to access the bios of the motherboard and optimize the settings. When i tried to install yosemite from the bootable USB drive it takes me to the apple loading screen but the progress bar seems to be stuck here.

I've waited for 40 minutes without any luck. Is there a step i missed during the installation process? I made sure the follow the installation directions clearly and partitioned my usb drive.

Here's a picture of what the screen looks like. Thanks for the help!

*the picture somehow got flipped upside down, but you guys get the idea... :lol:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 132
Boot again with verbose boot (-v bootflag) and see where it freezes.

If you're using Chimera bootloader, just select the OSX install USB with the arrow keys, then type "-v" (without the quotes), then press Enter.
If you're going by the Clover guide, select the Options menu, then put -v on the end of the section labeled 'boot flags', then return to the main menu and boot from your OS X install USB.

When it stops doing things, take a photo of the screen and post it here.

Here's the screenshot when using "-v" on boot.

The bottom line reads:
<Error>: No PATH environment variable set. The application [IOBluetoothHCIController: :setConfigState] calling registerService

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    947 KB · Views: 148
Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
I used all of the flags -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes PCIRootUID=1/0 and nothing seems to work.

:confused:

[UPDATE] So I managed to get Yosemite installed and partitioned it onto my ssd. I actually tried taking out the graphics card and it seemed to work.

Now my problem is when i re-installed my graphics card the error persists. Any idea why this is causing issues?

Sorry about the late reply!

The 750 Ti is based on Nvidia's newer Maxwell architecture, which at the moment has no native OS X driver support.

Try booting with nv_disable=1 from Chimera. That should let OS X boot.
Then download Nvidia's alternate drivers from this thread.
Follow the instructions there and you should have your card working with full acceleration.

[EDIT]
This is assuming you already have an OS X install which you did using the integrated graphics.

i actually had to take the video card out and just use the integrated graphics to login to the os. After installing from the USB drive i then ran these Multibeast settings:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio >Realtek ALC > ALC892
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.0 TRIM Patch
Bootloaders > Chimera
Customize > ALL Default + 1080p Display Mode

When i tried rebooting and accessing the OS through my ssd (with -v) it gave me the following error:

FAKESMC Keystore.

Is there a setting i missed or messed up on Multibeast? Thanks again Forged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back