Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I can't seem to install Yosemite. I created a boot USB using Unibeast 5 and while booting to the USB it gets as far as AppleKextExcludeList.kext info.plist then I get a black screen and the system reboots.

Anyone have an idea how to resolve this?

sounds like you need to boot UniBeast with a Kernel flag by keying in;

kext-dev-mode=1

here's why i believe this to be;

What We Know About OS X Yosemite so far...
OS X Yosemite is one of the biggest changes to OS X in a long time. Besides new features, redesigned icons, and a new system font, there are a few things that are functionally different this time around. Here is a partial list of things to know before attempting an update or a fresh installation.

• The location of the OS X system kernel has changed from /mach_kernel to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.
  • Any patched or unsigned drivers installed to /System/Library/Extensions/ now require a special boot flag to load: kext-dev-mode=1
  • 9 Series motherboard quick fixes for audio and graphics are no longer necessary.
  • Mobile HD 4600 Device IDs have been removed. Patched drivers or ID injection is necessary.
  • Older systems with AWARD BIOS may need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the 10.9.5 version. This includes all 6 Series and X58 Gigabyte motherboards.
Our tools will be available shortly- stay tuned!

Thanks Robbish, I'll give that a try and report back.

Didn't work for me. My computer still restarts at this point.

Sadly this didn't work for me either, it still reboots at AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

sounds like you need to boot UniBeast with a Kernel flag by keying in;

kext-dev-mode=1

here's why i believe this to be;

• Any patched or unsigned drivers installed to /System/Library/Extensions/ now require a special boot flag to load: kext-dev-mode=1

Sorry guys, maybe it's the wrong syntax?

try this in Chimera/Chameleon instead (sorry, can't test it myself as I'm using Clover);

kextdevmode=1

I was having this issue and managed to solve it with a simple fix.

I realized I incorrectly set up my unibeast flash drive. When I erased the drive, I used disk utlility to do a simple format. Instead, do a 1 partition with master boot record selected. After that, I think I did another simple format, and then installed unibeast. This fixed the applekextexcludelist error, as well as a few others that I previously had.

After that, I just needed the -no-zp boot flag to boot into the installer. Everything was smooth after that.

Hi Pnarsai, what is the -no-zp boot flag? Is that for Chameleon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back