Intel i9-10850k along with Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler
Graphics
Primary: Sapphire Pulse RX 570, Secondary: UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I downgraded my OS X install from Sierra to Yosemite due to application compatibility issues. I purchased most of Redmatica software about a month before Apple bought them out and Redmatica shutdown (which I still say was the worse move by Redmatica) and well none of the applications will even start up nor work.

So after installing Yosemite on my GA-Z97X-UD3H, getting everything except sleep to work (sleep starts, shuts down, then it starts back up like 2 seconds later), & getting CPU Power Management up and running smoothly by generating an SSDT.

I wanted to see if I could get this motherboard up and running with SMBios 6,1 and the only issue I had was it was booting to black screen. The fix for this is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

So I now have a Mac Pro 6,1 running great on GA-Z97X-UD3H and was wondering what are the pros and cons of using Mac Pro 6,1 compared to 5,1 or another Mac Pro SMBios setup?

Has anybody else with this motherboard able to get 6,1 up and going? If not you should try it, it actually runs really great. If anybody has can you point me the way to some tips or tweaks? Thanks in Advance....

Also is there a tutorial somewhere, thats not spread out all over the place like here, so I can test to make sure everything is working like it should be? Example, one topic here shows CPUPM tutorial, then in another place there is the USB fix tutorial..Does somebody have a link to one spot where ALL these tutorials are located? If not that would be a good idea..

Also is there a tutorial somewhere, thats not spread out all over the place like here, so I can test to make sure everything is working like it should be? Example, one topic here shows CPUPM tutorial, then in another place there is the USB fix tutorial..Does somebody have a link to one spot where ALL these tutorials are located? If not that would be a good idea..
I have same mobo Ga-Z97xUd3h
i7 4790k 8gb vengeance ram nvidea 750ti 2gb RM650 psu
I want to make a video editing system with fcpx duel boot macosx & windows 7 or 10
Can u suggest me which instruction should i follow
As i don't know much about hackintosh build i search the web but I'm totally confuse
Please suggest me any 100% working build instructions I'm struggling
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I downgraded my OS X install from Sierra to Yosemite due to application compatibility issues. I purchased most of Redmatica software about a month before Apple bought them out and Redmatica shutdown (which I still say was the worse move by Redmatica) and well none of the applications will even start up nor work.

So after installing Yosemite on my GA-Z97X-UD3H, getting everything except sleep to work (sleep starts, shuts down, then it starts back up like 2 seconds later), & getting CPU Power Management up and running smoothly by generating an SSDT.

I wanted to see if I could get this motherboard up and running with SMBios 6,1 and the only issue I had was it was booting to black screen. The fix for this is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

So I now have a Mac Pro 6,1 running great on GA-Z97X-UD3H and was wondering what are the pros and cons of using Mac Pro 6,1 compared to 5,1 or another Mac Pro SMBios setup?

Has anybody else with this motherboard able to get 6,1 up and going? If not you should try it, it actually runs really great. If anybody has can you point me the way to some tips or tweaks? Thanks in Advance....

I use the iMac 14,1 system defn rather than Mac pro 6,1. I recall that was the recommended defn. What's the advantage of 6,1 (or 5,1). I thought these defns were for ECC memory or something, though I could be wrong.

I used Clover/EFI as I have dual 280X cards but have never generated an SSDT or even know how to. My Z97X UD5H works very reliably and I have uptime's in weeks or occasionally months.

I have same mobo Ga-Z97xUd3h
i7 4790k 8gb vengeance ram nvidea 750ti 2gb RM650 psu
I want to make a video editing system with fcpx duel boot macosx & windows 7 or 10
Can u suggest me which instruction should i follow
As i don't know much about hackintosh build i search the web but I'm totally confuse
Please suggest me any 100% working build instructions I'm struggling
Thanks in advance

If you want a serious FCP X editing system, then an nVidia 750 is not going to be good enough. For playing about doing small movies its fine. There are lots of threads on this, indeed I wrote a few. Look for FCP and rwillett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back