Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Yesterday I tried to install Yosemite in my build. I'm currently running Mavericks.
Made the bootable usb with Unibeast, everything as the guide says.
When I boot from the usb it enters the apple load screen, loads for a few seconds, and then stops with a gray stop sign. This is before ever reaching the installer.
I read that this may have something to do with the new kext signing feature in Yosemite. Also with the exclusion of support for third party SSD's.
Tried with bootflags. But I'm really out of options.
Any help will be appreciated.

Here is an image of what I get after booting in verbose mode:
2014-10-18 16.17.54.jpg

the details of my build:

GA-H87N-Wifi motherboard
1 tb SATA HDD
Samsung EVO 128 gb SSD
Intel I3-4340
Crucial Ballistix 8gb RAM (4GBx2)
Pcie Tp-Link 450Mb DB W/N/3a TI-wdn4800

I had a very similar issue. Did you enable TRIM using mutlibeast? If you did, that is what did you in. I had to do a clean install to fix mine.

Try booting with -v -f

I had a very similar issue. Did you enable TRIM using mutlibeast? If you did, that is what did you in. I had to do a clean install to fix mine.

I'm already aiming for a clean install... Booting from BIOS directly into the flash drive.
Also tried with every bootflag in the universe.
Thank you for the quick help anyway!

Please DO NOT enable the TRIM via Multibeast or any other means, UNLESS you have enabled the kext-dev-mode boot-args!

Otherwise, you won't be able to logon to your OSX. And you have to fix up the (rollback) IOAHCIFamily.kext from the recovery disk or from other OSX system or reinstall.

This link gives you clear idea as to why . - > http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/

Ok, I did what that page says.
But as for fixing the AppleHcifamily.kext I'm lost on the process.
I also downloaded the Cindori app for turning on and off the trim enabler.
I still get the stop sign.

If you've got your install USB in a USB 3.0 slot, try sticking it in a 2.0 slot instead. Worked for me and a few others, no bootflags necessary

Worked for me too Great Advise.... :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back