Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD5H-Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
I basically have this build:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-february-2015.html#CustoMac_Pro

UD5, 4790k, 850 EVO 500 GB SSD.

I followed the installation guide exactly and got to the post installation step and yosemite is hanging on the "Create a Computer Account" screen. It's been about an hour this far. I skipped iTunes, etc. setup and selected "set time zone based on current location"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Try to boot with -f -x

Also update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

Thanks

I managed to get past this screen by reinstalling and unchecking the timezone option.

I was able to finish installation but am having some post installation issues that I will start a new post for in the proper forum

Thanks

I managed to get past this screen by reinstalling and unchecking the timezone option.

I was able to finish installation but am having some post installation issues that I will start a new post for in the proper forum

You can post the issues here.

I saved the config to a USB.

Here is my attempt to cleanup the file as read by HSFExplorer through Windows

Quick Start > DSDT Free DSDT Free pre-configured choices:

Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Bootloaders -> Chimera v4.0.1
Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> Boot Options -> Generate CPU States
Customize -> Boot Options -> Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache
Customize -> Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode
Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1
Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Replaces /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.10.1 AppleHDA.kext edited by toleda to enable full functionality for the Realtek ALC1150 high-definition audio codec. Patches /Extra/DSDT.aml if found to replace the current layout-id with layout-id 1. Adds HDAEnabler=Yes, HDEFLayoutID=01000000 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. AppleHDA-1150.pkg

Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912x, 88SE9172 and 88SE9230 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.pkg

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
Patches the 10.10.x version of /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext to enable TRIM on non-Apple SSD drives. TRIM-Enabler-10.10.0

Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
If you don't have a DSDT, shutdown and reboot do not work without this kext. Installs EvOreboot.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.]EvOreboot.pkg

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
FakeSMC.kext is the only absolutely mandatory kext, and is required for booting the system. Original by netkas, new branch by kozlek. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/. FakeSMC-v6.14.1364.pkg

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Installs FakeSMC plugins ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext and LPCSensors.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns. These plugins allow software access to motherboard hardware monitors. FakeSMC-v6.14.1364-Plugins.pkg

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application
Hardware Monitoring application from kozlek's branch. Requires FakeSMC Motherboard Plugins. Installs /Applications/HWMonitor.app. FakeSMC-v6.14.1364-HWMonitor.pkg

Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
RehabMan's branch of Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to enable USB 3.0. Installs GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/. Also enables USB 2.0 on LGA 1156 motherboards that aren't using a DSDT and don't enable Rate Matching Hub in BIOS. GenericUSBXHCI-v1.2.8d9.pkg

Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a
Enables Intel 825xx ethernet controllers. hnak's port of the e1000.sourceforge.net Intel Wired Ethernet for Linux driver. Installs AppleIntelE1000e.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. AppleIntelE1000e-v3.1.0a.pkg

Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
MacMan's branch of Chameleon 2.2. Chimera-v4.0.1.pkg

Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Installs /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the minimum required options, EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes, Legacy Logo=Yes and Timeout=2 Base-Boot-plist.pkg

Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Adds GenerateCStates=Yes and GeneratePStates=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. GenerateStates-ChameleonÖ

Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode -
Desktop Configures the system for Desktop power management hibernate mode and deletes
/var/vm/sleepimage to reclaim disk space.ZDesktop-PM

Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Adds kext-dev-mode=1 to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. kext-dev-mode=1

Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache Adds UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Not needed when using EasyBeast or UserDSDT. UseKernelCache-Chameleon

Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
This smbios.plist identifies your computer as an MacPro3,1. Installed in /Extra.]MacPro3,1.pkg

Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black
(Default tonymacx86 theme by Adamsmasher. tonymacx86-black.pkg NSMutableArray NSArray NSKeyedArchiver Troot

Boot with USB again then open the org.chameleon.boot.plist file (File will be present on /Extra folder of the OS X's partition). Then make the changes as below,

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>

Save the file and reboot OS X. Check the normal booting.

When I boot from USB, and try and load Yosemite I get the same results.

Is there a way to edit the file you mentioned without loading Yosemite?

Thanks for all your help, I'm new to this.

When I boot from USB, and try and load Yosemite I get the same results.

Is there a way to edit the file you mentioned without loading Yosemite?

Thanks for all your help, I'm new to this.

Boot into single user mode with flag -s

Then you can edit the file through commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back