EVGA Gtx 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this is asked several times, but I've spent a lot of time searching for forums that could hold the answer. I used UniBeast, made the USB, etc. etc. but upon install, the loading bar will get stuck around 40% or so. If I'm in verbose, it gets to this point:

IMG_1348.jpg

So far all I have done is GraphicsEnabler=Yes , -x , and -v. I'm not entirely accustomed to the lines of command prompts, but I'm all ears to what I need to do.

The USB stick is in a USB2 port as well. I'll be sure to provide any other details that are necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 119
You don't need GraphicsEnabler-Yes

Try a different USB port, I know your already in a USB 2.0 port but try another one. Still waiting for root device is normally because its not getting a response from the USB.

For the sake of if and time, what could be other reasons? Also, the failures of the kext's at the top of the report, could that cause a fail? I'll try the suggestions, but the graphic enabled actually allowed it to go further than when it last stopped.

Same problem here. Stuck at about 45-50%. Using bootflags often results in a black screen. Tried all USB ports and also letting the loader stand for more than 5 hours.

Remove the 970 and install with onboards gfx. Install web drivers and then add the 970...

Thanks, I finally have time to try all of this and I will. Also while I'm doing this, I have a buddy who does some computer repair, and he was saying that by having windows installed on another SSD that it could be causing some problems as well. I didn't really understand how it could, but I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on that.

Installed on a separate SSD? Then no.

If it was on same SSD possibly, but wouldn't be giving the problems you currently have.

Try the advice you've been given, if that doesn't work come back with the new problems.

Removing the GPU didn't do anything. It's still "waiting for root device". I also changed the USB slots and sill nothing.

I may have actually gotten it to work. Messed around a little bit, and I'm on the installation screen right now. If I don't respond, then thanks for all of your inputs and suggestions. If it didn't work, I'll be back shortly haha

This is getting ridiculous now... Yosemite was installed and I'm now to the Welcome screen trying to choose my region etc. etc. Except, when it reaches this screen, it decides to stop powering my keyboard and mouse. I believe all the USB ports aren't receiving a signal because I tried switching to them. It works fine any other way besides booting into Yosemite from the flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back