Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Today I fresh installed Yosemite using clover, which appeared to be working fine at first. However, once I applied multibeast to install kexts for audio etc., I can't boot anymore with the error message "still waiting for root device". The kexts that I installed using multibeast are:

- ALC892 audio
- Install Audio in ESP/EFI
- Trim Patch
- USB 3.0 driver
- FakeSMC + plugins + app
- AppleRTL network kext

What did I do wrong and what should be done to get it working again?

Thanks in advance!

Same here. What helped:
- boot in Safemode and renew cache (-f -x)
- remove USB3 kext in terminal
- boot in normal mode, again with new cache

Now everything works for me. You may have to choose the right sound device in System Preferences.

Same here. What helped:
- boot in Safemode and renew cache (-f -x)
- remove USB3 kext in terminal
- boot in normal mode, again with new cache

Now everything works for me. You may have to choose the right sound device in System Preferences.

So USB 3.0 won't work on Yosemite?

Your method didn't work, now I get stuck at

2.893848 pullmode[1] txringsize[ 256] txsendqsize[1024] reapmln[ 32] reapcount [ 128]

Sorry to hear.
USB 3.0 works fine just without this kext. Speeds are good.

For me, I had to remove the 3rd party SATA kext to fix the root device error, however now one of my internal drivers registers as an external PCI drive.

BINGO!!!!! Your post saved me from a fresh install. Was seriously considering this (fresh install) as an option and not looking forward to setting everything up again.

This worked for me! But yeah, all of my drives are now "external."

2 of my 6 drives as well but I just hide external drives (all drives for that matter) from the desktop. Look under finder prefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back