Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have managed to upgrade my HP Probook to OS X 10.10 with no issues at all, the only thing I'm wanting to maybe tweek of is the macbook pro version shown in about this mac.

Currently my laptop shows as a macbook pro 8,1 Is this correct, It thinks its got a 13" screen which of course it has a 15"

Does anyone else use different settings? maybe macbook pro 9,1???

All suggestions welcomed?

I have managed to upgrade my HP Probook to OS X 10.10 with no issues at all, the only thing I'm wanting to maybe tweek of is the macbook pro version shown in about this mac.

Currently my laptop shows as a macbook pro 8,1 Is this correct, It thinks its got a 13" screen which of course it has a 15"

smbios is based primarily on the hardware inside, not screen size.

smbios is based primarily on the hardware inside, not screen size.

Ok cool, so are we saying 8,1 which i assume is what the PBI CE set, is the best smbios version to use on the 4530s laptop

I had a look on the everymac website regarding the hardware used for a macbook pro 9,1 and i think its a close match. I didn't want to change it if its going to risk trashing the setup.

Thanks for the quick reply.

As a general rule,

MacBook Pro 8,1 = Sandy Bridge i5/i7 dual core CPUs
MacBook Pro 8,2 = Sandy Bridge i7 quad core CPUs
MacBook Pro 9,x = Ivy Bridge i7 quad core CPUs

Sandy Bridge CPUs are identified as i3/5/7-2xxx(Q)M, Q = quad core, no Q = dual core, M=mobile
Ivy Bridge CPUs are identified as i3/5/6-3xxx(Q)M

Pick the one that best matches your CPU.

I use 8,2 because I have a 4530s with an Intel i7-2670QM (QM = quad core mobile) CPU (Sandy Bridge).

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back