Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Newbie here,

Having issues after I run the USB install, Apple logo and loading bar appears to be working fine but then stalls about a quarter of the way through loading. I've let it process for over an hour and never reach the installer.

Build:
Mobo: H97I-PLUS
CPU: Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz
GPU:
GeForce GTX 970 (4GB DDR5) (driving monitor off this DVI for install, onboard graphics doesn't seem to show anything upon boot up )
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16gig
Drive: Samsung Evo 840 SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM

I keep having to hold the power button when the installer hangs on loading bar and try again. Is there a safe way to get back to bios or usb setup? I've tried boot flags boot flags -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 still no fix.

Any thoughts on why the loading bar hangs or suggestions to try?

Thanks for the help

additional photo info

IMG_2954.jpg

You have a graphics problem as your GTX970 isn't supported with the native drivers in OS X. Hence the drivers available here. NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

These will need to be installed once you get OS X Yosemite installed.

You have 2 options, first install using the Intel graphics/motherboard HDMI,DVI. VGA not supported. Secondly using the GTX970 and using these boot flags. -v -x nv_disable=1 maxmen=8192

You have a graphics problem as your GTX970 isn't supported with the native drivers in OS X. Hence the drivers available here. NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

These will need to be installed once you get OS X Yosemite installed.

You have 2 options, first install using the Intel graphics/motherboard HDMI,DVI. VGA not supported. Secondly using the GTX970 and using these boot flags. -v -x nv_disable=1 maxmen=8192

Thank you so much wildwillow, this worked! The mouse and graphics feel fairly latent/delayed, I'm guessing this is due to drivers.

Thank you so much wildwillow, this worked! The mouse and graphics feel fairly latent/delayed, I'm guessing this is due to drivers.

Did you add
<key>kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1>/string>

to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

SeeHow To Edit a .plist

Did you add
<key>kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1>/string>

to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

SeeHow To Edit a .plist

Does this graphics card driver install come after I've run Multibeast I'm guessing?

Also, do I need to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in multi beast as well as intel graphics patch for mixed configurations.

Once I get multi beast settings correct I will try the plist edit.

Does this graphics card driver install come after I've run Multibeast I'm guessing?

You have to download the drivers from the link I gave you in Post#3. These drivers are separate from MultiBeast but you still have to run MultiBeast for your configuration.
How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast

Also, do I need to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in multi beast as well as intel graphics patch for mixed configurations.

Once I get multi beast settings correct I will try the plist edit.

No you will need to use the default in MultiBeast for Yosemite which is GraphicsEnabler=No. You will have to select IGPEnabler=No to stop the integrated Intel drivers from loading, or trying to load. The plist edit needs to be done once you have downloaded/installed the Nvidia drivers, then edit before you restart.

You have to download the drivers from the link I gave you in Post#3. These drivers are separate from MultiBeast but you still have to run MultiBeast for your configuration.
How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast

No you will need to use the default in MultiBeast for Yosemite which is GraphicsEnabler=No. You will have to select IGPEnabler=No to stop the integrated Intel drivers from loading, or trying to load. The plist edit needs to be done once you have downloaded/installed the Nvidia drivers, then edit before you restart.

Got it! Thanks again!

Last question hopefully... Do you know the correct network setting for H97I-Plus ethernet in Multibeast? It's an Intel® I218V

Got it! Thanks again!

Last question hopefully... Do you know the correct network setting for H97I-Plus ethernet in Multibeast? It's an Intel® I218V

You're welcome. Good question, I have the Intel 1217v Lan port and I use IntelE1000e V2.4.14, its the most reliable for me. Suggestion, test from the top installing individually. If it works then great, if it doesn't, note the install location that is mentioned when you select the network driver in MultiBeast, Remove it and test the next. Sorry I couldn't be more precise as I don't have that Lan port to test.

back again..

Everything seemed to be working fine after I installed the nvidia drivers. Booted fine, restarted, shut down, etc. I installed a 1tb seagate media drive, and that was working fine, restarted no problems.

Now today I go to boot up and I get a circle with a line through it (kernel panic?)
Verbose says "Still waiting for root device". So I checked the bios boot priority and set my boot option to only my ssd with yosemite. Reboot and still the same error.

It is able to boot into safe mode using -x -v. Seems somewhat video card related because it boots low res not widescreen HD and gpu isn't recognized. I reinstalled the nvidia drivers and that didn't help.

any thoughts?

IMG_2970.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2971.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back