Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The combo card itself is rather small to begin with. They do sell a 52-pin mini adapter on eBay for it for mini-itx builds.

Just a side-effect of all this - and I'm sure this is true regardless of whether you use the OSXWifi solution or buy your own parts on eBay or whatever. For Windows 8.1 I had to download the Boot Camp drivers and install the Bluetooth and wifi drivers manually. Bluetooth is an old-school install, go to Device Manager, double-click the yellow Bluetooth item, update driver, and browse for the folder. It's actually part of the $WINPE$ folder at the root of the ZIP. The wifi is the Broadcom win8x64 driver in the Drivers\Broadcom folder and it's a more automatic installer.

All done. phew!

So, the process, download the bootcamp drivers from here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1721 just click on the big blue button on the top, you know, the one with Download written on it ;)

Once the large download finishes (you will need 5mb out of it) just go in to the bootcamp5 folder and next bootcamp then drivers.
Then go into the broadcom folder and install BroadcomWirelessWin8x64, or the windows 7 version next to it (if you're running windows 7). Just NOT the legacy. Wireless should now be working.
What you do then is click back on windows explorer and drill into the Apple folder. Install AppleBluetoothInstaller64 from here and also mouse and keyboard drivers if you have a magic mouse and keyboard. If you have a trackpad there are drivers here for it too.

After you install the Wifi and the bluetooth you will still have the the stack to do. This is what will give you full functionality under windows. Like for adding other devices and for scrolling and all that.
Just go here http://www.harbar.net/archive/2008/...-macbook-pro-and-windows-server-2008-x64.aspx The look of the windows and the prompts might be different, depending on what version of windows you are running but the outcome is the same. If it says that the driver might not be compatible just go ahead and do it as it will work fine.

After everything is done you should have no problematic devices in your device manager. Just pair your mouse and keyboard and its done. All the things you've just installed are recognised as proper Apple devices, not broadcom.

Then have a cuppa and chill admiring just how great life is when everything just works! And pat yourself on the back for having one more apple part in your ever changing Hackintosh

I had already explained this in post 78

What is all this pre-order & i ternational crap? Ugh.

After prematurely ordering a BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, I went ahead and ordered separate card (BCM04360CD) and adapter off of eBay. I'm not bothered about the wait, and picked up both for £33.00. Fingers crossed I will be a happy hacker in a couple of weeks:)

So that leaves me with:

1 x Apple AirPort AR5BXB72 card
1 x Bluetooth 4.0 dongle
1 x Blutetooth 2.0 dongle
1 x BCM943225HMB card
1 x BCM04352 card
1 x Half Mini PCIe adaptor - with three antennae
1 x Ralink Wifi Dongle.

Most of it I acquired cheap and some will see use with my nephew and his Raspberry Pi:)

Spang197

Last edited:
I ordered the Broadcom card and PCIe adapter from the eBay sellers linked to earlier in the thread on Sunday. They shipped the products right away. Hopefully they make their way from China in good time and I can report success back here soon. :)

I am DEFINITELY going to run iMessage Debug before I install these items, and keep my Mac off the Internet until I am sure none of the relevant MLB, ROM, UUID, and whatever other values have changed. Switching to Clover was not trivial (although in the end not nearly as bad as it is made out to be), and I would not want to lose my now finally working iMessage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back