Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jbamford & demonknight9,

I am on the fence of ordering the one from the UK. Thing is I am on Chimera/Multibeast and everything works fine apart from iMessage. How did you guy switch to Clover? Fresh Install or »Upgrade«? Would be great to hear how you guys did it since I also use a z77-ds3h and my ultimate goal is Handoff / Continuity.

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi Jbamford & demonknight9,

I am on the fence of ordering the one from the UK. Thing is I am on Chimera/Multibeast and everything works fine apart from iMessage. How did you guy switch to Clover? Fresh Install or »Upgrade«? Would be great to hear how you guys did it since I also use a z77-ds3h and my ultimate goal is Handoff / Continuity.

Thanks in advance ;)

How is this related to Yosemite handoff compatible adapter?

You will have to look here http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Handoff and continuity still work fine under chimera, you just don't get the text message option, everything else just works.

for me the switch to clover was straight forward, by just installing the clover uefi boot loader, creating a config.plist file to disable my internal graphics, and then reboot by selecting the uefi option for my drive. That way if clover failed I could always reboot machine and select non efi boot and start from chimera, and a clone of my original drive just in case :thumbup:

It was not my intention to ruin the thread with offtopic stuff. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I asked because you guys use the same motherboard and the »handoff compatible wifi/bt adapter« I intent to buy. I also figured there is no way to get full handoff functionality via chimera right now.

I don't need no hand holding but some infos regarding this would be well appreciated. ;)

Edit: Just saw puddled's reply. Great to hear! Sounds rather easy.

It was not my intention to ruin the thread with offtopic stuff. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I asked because you guys use the same motherboard and the »handoff compatible wifi/bt adapter« I intent to buy. I also figured there is no way to get full handoff functionality via chimera right now.

I don't need no hand holding but some infos regarding this would be well appreciated. ;)

Edit: Just saw puddled's reply. Great to hear! Sounds rather easy.

It's off topic, you won't be able to get any constructive information on this thread and it will mess it up for people looking for a solution for handoff and the apple cards.

The motherboard we use is extremely popular, 25% of the people with an ivy bridge motherboard have this one. In the thread i pointed you to, you will get everything you will need to get iMessage working.

If you purchase the card you will get the whole of continuity working apart from iMessage. Everything else works. iMessage is broken with your bootloader you will need another one and that thread is the best way you can get links and info and if you have questions post there and get proper replies.

The problem won't be resolved over one reply

Not being funny, just helping you out

Now that iOS 8.1 and Yosemite are both out, I'm trying to get a handle on what actually requires Bluetooth.

SMS: no
Facetime: no
Airdrop: I think so? Airdrop doesn't show on my Hack
App handoff: Yes
Hotspost: Yes

My card is out for delivery today according to USPS, so hopefully I'll be able to test the OSXWifi solution soon.

Now that iOS 8.1 and Yosemite are both out, I'm trying to get a handle on what actually requires Bluetooth.

SMS: no
Facetime: no
Airdrop: I think so? Airdrop doesn't show on my Hack
App handoff: Yes
Hotspost: Yes

My card is out for delivery today according to USPS, so hopefully I'll be able to test the OSXWifi solution soon.

Thats cool. What devices did you tested with and what wifi bt card did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back