Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help? :)

Can someone help? :)

It works with Clover because I think Clover has support for Apple wireless etc built in or as a module. I am only guessing here, as I don't use Clover. Chimera / Chameleon will work if you system BIOS works with Bluetooth keybaord ...

The carrier card does not show up on PCI bus. You need to see if you see an AirPort Extreme adaptor under WiFi and an Apple Bluetooth adapter in Bluetooth section.

Check that the USB bus where the cable from the card is plugged in is still working after the update.

Also, sometimes the PCI card can become dislodged or pop out the slot. Check that for that too.

BTW, I have the card from the UK and is still working fine with 10.10.4 update.

Hey DK,

I know you had some BT issues following the El Cap upgrade, we both have the same card, and apart from one hiccup its worked perfectly for me.

The BT is fine still but wifi is showing 'no hardware installed' (Again) - any pointers on what I could do to rectify this - it surely can't be a KEXT issue as the damn thing is supposed to be native!?!

WiFi never stopped working for me as it's in the pci slot. BT stopped because there was a usb layout change. I really don't know? Maybe try and remove and reinsert the card?

Ive got around USB issues in 10.11 by changing EHC1 to EH01-EHC2 to EH02[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-XHC1 to XHC in my DSDT for my Z77-DS3H hack USB 2 and USB 3 works perfect back and front. How ever if your board has Renases or NEC for USB 3 then theres no solution.[/FONT]

Do you have any other USB2 header on the mobo maybe try another one ? When you connect it on the header do you see a green a led on the card ?
Maybe try another usb cable just in case.

On mine I couldn't get BT working in the BIOS/Clover but it worked fine in the OSes... I plugged it on a USB 3.0 header with a cable converter USB3->usb2 and now it works in BIOS/Clover. I'm starting to think some mobos or BIOS versions are not really happy with this card.

Hey, I noticed we have the same board, the GA-Z77XUD5H. I also read your post about how you had to plug your Wifi+BT card from OSXWIFI into a USB3 header in order for it to work correctly in OS X. Right now I am experiencing the same thing you described. The card works in both Linux and Windows...granted I had to force the Apple Bluetooth driver to install, would not take using Plug and play, but still won't load in OS X. Was the USB2 to USB3 Header all it took for it to get working in OS X for you?

Anyone have interference issues between the Apple/Broadcom combo card and USB3? Because I'm on X58 in Clover/El Cap, I'm using an Inateck (FL1100) KT4006 USB 3 PCI card, installed away from the Wifi/BT card, using only the internal USB 3 header for front-case USB 3... but I get BT interference that makes my Magic Mouse laggy/jittery. I'd love to resolve this issue, even if it means DIY shielding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back