Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully everything works on it. It would be a great option. I finally got everything switched over and working on Clover so that will be the next step.

What guide did you use to switch over to clover? I don't want to reinstall. I had it all working on a separate drive as I had the beta, I should've just updated that. I didn't know FileNVRAM was not working or I would have.

I will change to clover to activate iMessage

What guide did you use to switch over to clover? I don't want to reinstall. I had it all working on a separate drive as I had the beta, I should've just updated that. I didn't know FileNVRAM was not working or I would have.

Under Guides, tonymac posted one for Yosemite recently. I used the one for Mavericks and was able to figure out how to convert from chimera to clover.

I highly recommend it not just for iMessages. It neatly auto restarts on crashes and I haven't had a kernel panic yet like I did on chimera.

So with my mobo, it looks like I'm out of luck. I only have space for a half mini pci-e and it looks like there aren't any of those being sold on the osxwifi site. Looks like I'm waiting on someone to figure out how to make other cards work with handoff.

Would someone mind confirming that?

I got extremely lucky and just installed Clover on the UEFI partition to allow me to use both. I would try the USB method first and make sure everything works. To make it even easier, I just installed all the Kexts with Multibeast.

I don't know yet about handoff but my crappy Rocketfish USB bluetooth adapter does give me function in BIOS and such just like the overpriced OEM adapter described in this thread. I was actually shocked this worked. And I would like a USB 4.x bluetooth adapter, but the one I have was cheap and it mostly works pretty well. The BIOS function is not 100% reliable but I was shocked it works at all.I don't really want or need to add WiFi. If anything I would prefer to add Bluetooth 4.x ONLY. I have yet to attempt to use the WiFi/Bluetooth "board" my mobo ships with in Yosemite. It never worked worth a darn in previous OS versions so I pulled it out.

i just bought a BCM94360CD airport with a pci-e 1x adapter,
from china taobao.com ( http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.12.Nrv7Sz&id=38195333521&_u=kch9u0a3ec , in chinese)

the handoff / airdrop works perfect with my iPhone and iPad. but iMessage still does not work at all . FaceTime is really wried, i can make a outgoing call, but the opposite can not hear my voice and it's fail when i answer a incoming call....

i just bought a BCM94360CD airport with a pci-e 1x adapter,
from china taobao.com ( http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.12.Nrv7Sz&id=38195333521&_u=kch9u0a3ec , in chinese)

the handoff / airdrop works perfect with my iPhone and iPad. but iMessage still does not work at all . FaceTime is really wried, i can make a outgoing call, but the opposite can not hear my voice and it's fail when i answer a incoming call....

If you are talking about getting normal sms on OS X, that function gets enabled today with the release of iOS 8.1

I used phone calls yesterday with my crappy atheros 9820 and the iphone and it works really well. I was surprised at how clear it was

If you are talking about getting normal sms on OS X, that function gets enabled today with the release of iOS 8.1

I used phone calls yesterday with my crappy atheros 9820 and the iphone and it works really well. I was surprised at how clear it was

i mean iMessage not telecom text message. i can not activate my iMessage account, but iCloud works fine.
my hackintosh actually does not have camera, so the FaceTime is inactive either. i am looking for a USB camera to use the FaceTime, but i do not know which brand or chip will work fine on OS X.

i mean iMessage not telecom text message. i can not activate my iMessage account, but iCloud works fine.
my hackintosh actually does not have camera, so the FaceTime is inactive either. i am looking for a USB camera to use the FaceTime, but i do not know which brand or chip will work fine on OS X.
Are you using Clover or still using Chimera? If you haven't migrated to clover, then it will not work right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back