i7 7700K
Graphics
Powercolor AMD RX 5700 XT 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys
I recently went through a successful Unibeast install only to find that Yosemite will only boot in safemode. It recognizes my GTX970 (after web driver install) and all 16Gb of RAM (4x4Gb DDR4 2400mhz Crucial Ballistix) but does not recognize my WiFi/Bluetooth card (GC-WB867D-I).

My goal is to boot outside of safemode and with the GC-WB867D-I recognized.

When I use the flag "-f" it will sometimes reach Yosemite and run for a few moments until I try to do something (literally anything - right clicking the mouse even) and then it freezes.

Here are some flags that I am using:
npci=0x2000
nvda_drv=1

I have a 2 monitors plugged into the GTX970 (1xDVI 1xDisplayPort)

I've been thinking about using Clover (tried once unsuccessfully). In the meantime I'm aiming to make this system work.

Please let me know if any additional information/history would help you understand my specific situation.

The GC-WB867D-I is not supported in OS X that I can see (use the search function).

Booting in the safe mode you will not have everything loaded such as audio.

I suspect that the GTX970 and web drivers maybe causing your boot issue and instability once booted.

There is a this thread that if you search through it you may find a solution to your Yosemite issues: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a.html

Good modding,
neil

Thanks Neil.

I took out the WiFi/Bluetooth card for now. And ordered a supported card.

And I've checked out your suggested link a couple of times and even tried to Unibeast in Mavericks (that won't even boot the installer).

I'm also pretty confused by the "cpu-id" process.

I think the nvda_drv=1 flag was preventing me from even getting into safemode over the past day.

Going to try and truck along some more with different combinations of flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back