Gigabyte z68xp-ud4
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The onboard graphics are choppy so I thought I'd try an gigabyte geforce 210 card. It works but the display area is small. The largest resolution I can select is 1600x900.

I have been searching through the forums all day I have tried installing nvidia web drivers, graphicsenabler=yes, graphicsmode=1920x1080, Lilu and whatever green kexts in library/extensions.

Has anyone else won this fight?

Attachments

• 15356657649805561988875756343649.jpg
    15356657649805561988875756343649.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 54
The onboard graphics are choppy so I thought I'd try an gigabyte geforce 210 card. It works but the display area is small. The largest resolution I can select is 1600x900.

I have been searching through the forums all day I have tried installing nvidia web drivers, graphicsenabler=yes, graphicsmode=1920x1080, Lilu and whatever green kexts in library/extensions.

Clover or chameleon/Chimera?

Chimera, I think. I used multibeast 7.5.0. Yosemite.

You don't need additional Nvidia web drivers for a GT210.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes will work (Case Sensitive - does nothing when incorrect) on Chimera for a GT210 if you followed the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...emite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/
Lilu and Whatever green kexts are not compatible, remove them to the trash, empty trash and reboot.

Ensure that in the UEFI/BIOS that the graphics options are correctly set to boot from the GT210 rather than Intel graphics. Ensure that you are not using "nv_disable=1" as this disables all nvidia drivers and may give you similar experience to the one you are having.

More common graphics info:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

I can't tell if GraphicsEnabler=Yes is doing anything. But when I manually enter nv_disable=1 everything is happy. I have used clover config to add that in permanently but it has no effect. I have to manually enter it every time.

What bootloader are you using? The following guide uses Chimera:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...emite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/

You can edit a .plist by using the following;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-edit-a-plist.104463/

If you have installed Yosemite by creating a Clover installer and Clover is your Bootloader then you can use Clover Configurator.

Go to About this Mac (Apple symbol top right of screen), more info, system report, Graphics/Displays and see if the graphics are properly reported. If you cannot play video from YouTube then you still have issues that we can fix. nv_disable=1 disables all nvidia graphics drivers, so it isn't going to work properly.

Thanks for the help. I definitely used that guide and I got everything working correctly, except the graphics. For two days I've be combing the forums, trying ANYTHING that seemed to help other people with similar issues. That makes sense that the clover config app didn't work out for me. And I now know that even though the resolution is correct, I cannot play video files.

I have done a fresh install to undo anything that might be interfering with things. Back to reading the forums.

I have done a fresh install to undo anything that might be interfering with things. Back to reading the forums.

I will have a look at MultiBeast 7.5.0 on a computer running Yosemite in the next 12-24 hours and get back to you with recommendations for your Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 with a GT210 hardware.

Quick question, which i5 CPU model do you have? This should be available from the UEFI/BIOS or download Geekbench 4 Free edition from the web and run it. it will give you the processor model. We need this as the SandyBridge models require an extra option to be selected. Are you overclocking the processor at this time? Please check and post back this info.:thumbup:

Thank you for that! That's awesome. I have a friend who has another nvidia card. Possibly Gt 710, he says I can have it if it works for me. So I may try that this weekend.

I will check which cpu I am using and post it when I get home. Thanks for letting me know how to check that!

With a fresh install, the following GA-Z68XP-UD4.mb should work. If you have an i5 processor model, which starts with a '2' (i5-2500 or similar) then use the additional SSDT. If you have an i5, that starts with a '3', like i5-3570, then don't use the SSDT.

If you still have problems playing back video, then run MultiBeast, only changing the iMac model to iMac 14,2 and reboot to see if you have any difference.

Attachments

• GA-Z68XP-UD4.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Optimized SSDT.mb
    583 bytes · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back