Contribute
Register

Yosemite Gigabyte Z97x-UD3h-BK + i7 4790k Installation and performance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I have (relatively) successfully installed Yosemite on the UD3h board, following the main installation guide as well as this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ess-yosemite-ga-z97x-ud3h-i5-4690-gtx660.html

I am having the following issue:

1) After OS install but before Multibeast post-install everything ran smoothly. After Multibeast (kext options set as per the guide above), the kernel panics and sends me into an infinite boot loop, unless I disable Intel Turbo Boost in bios. This seems to stop the panic and I'm able to start without flags, but performance is atrocious: UI is slow and choppy.

Anyone encounter the same issue and find a solution?

The only thing I can think of is my Unibeast install necessitated that I select "Laptop support" so I could use my PS/2 keyboard during install. Perhaps that is screwing up something?

Also, if I try a different MultiBeast config, does that require a completely fresh install or can I just reselect options?

Hey whats your graphic card?I have the same motherboard and CPU. My graphic card is GTX760.My system worked well until several days ago, when suddenly the sound worked abnormally and system freezed randomly. Finally I found it wsa caused by my PCI wireless card tp-link WN851N. After removing the wireless card everything got back fine. Also I found the speed of booting became much faster after I disabled the onboard graphic card.Note that I have srictly the same multibeast setting as the thread you referred in your thread.

I haven't gotten that far yet. Using Ethernet and on board graphics with no problems. Geforce 740 gt is in the mail, so I'll let you know when I pop that in.

Thanks for the heads up on the wifi card. I'll let you know how the Rosewill Rnx-N600pce works out.

*Update on original issue*

Went through multi-beast again and checked Intel Generic ACHI Sata option and that solved desktop performance issues. Looks like that was necessary for the Samsung EVO 840 drive. Turbo Boost remains disabled... Would love to fix that, if anyone has any ideas!

Sound also works like a charm!

I don't know where the Turbo Boost is. I just loaded my BIOS settings to Optimised Defaults, and then I turned off the onboard graphic card and the VT-d.

After turning off the onboard graphic card, my Yosemite boots much more faster.

I don't know where the Turbo Boost is. I just loaded my BIOS settings to Optimised Defaults, and then I turned off the onboard graphic card and the VT-d.

After turning off the onboard graphic card, my Yosemite boots much more faster.

Intel Turbo Boost is in the BIOS...I had to dig around a bit to find it.

*Update*

Next issue I'm encountering in this build is Bluetooth flakiness -- I have a cheap "Plugable" brand BT dongle, so I'm more than willing to accept that it's the culprit. However, it seems to work very well much of the time before it starts to flake in and out (causing keyboard lag, missed strokes, etc). I've read that this is a known issue with Yosemite on certain machines. Can anyone vouch for greater success with a different BT dongle on this build?

Added another hard drive, an GeForce 740 GT, no trouble. Bluetooth flakiness had seemed to stop for a while......

.....installed the Rosewill N600pce wi-fi adapter (still hasn't actually detected it). As soon as I added it, Apple bluetooth mouse has begun to flake. Will perform more testing and keep you updated.

Has anyone had any luck with this wi-fi card? I can't seem to find OSX specific drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back