Graphics
Gigabyte HD 6850 (via HDMI)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Stuck at Grey Apple logo and progress bar : GA-Z68xp-ud3 : Can only boot using Unibeast USB drive

I initially had the missing mach_kernel error and had to use the boot flag:

/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

or add:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it worked, but now, I cannot boot from the HDD...
I can only boot by using the Unibeast USB drive and then choosing my Hard Drive.

If not (with the USB removed), it freezes at the grey apple logo and blank progress bar and never goes beyond. Any ideas?

I will try a -v boot and see what happens and report back.

*update after -v*
it seems to freeze here, at [ PCI configuration begin ]

Attachments

• IMG_6736.JPG
    IMG_6736.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_6742.JPG
    IMG_6742.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 881
Having the exact same problem, and have had to revert back to Mavericks for the time being.

I'm also running a Gigabyte z68 motherboard, though a slightly different model. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a problem with the Sandy Bridge processors.

Hmmmm. not too reassuring, but thank you for responding.
Just thought i'd put this out there if anyone else knew a solution.

Were you able to boot in to Yosemite with the USB drive tho?

Also, how would i revert to Mavericks if I don't have the "Install Mavericks" USB drive anymore?
I didn't see it on the app store any more :/

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this a MultiBeast option? Not sure what this means.

Thanks

OK I get it now and IT WORKS!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Are you using UEFI bios or Award Bios Daze? I have same mobo and graphics and I can't get it to boot by itself after the install using DSDT F10, was thinking of trying UEFI and DSDT free, but I have a working Mavericks install (w/DSDT) on another drive on the same computer and don't want to mess that up.

Thanks, that worked for me, too.

Didn't fix mine!!!

Board - GA Z68XP UD3 i5
My final solution, load the UEFI bios (UJ1) or (F11)!!!
Just do it, I swear it was without a doubt the simplest install Ive ever done on a Hackintosh.
Everything works, even sleep just worked.

Managed to get it to work using my GA Z68XP UD3 with F10 bios, lots of mucking around though and crashes etc, and I thought, screw this, Ill just go up to UEFI and see what happens, Im so glad I did.

Loaded Yosemite, rebooted using UniBeast, loaded Multibeast 7, go Quickstart, choose DSDT Free to load defaults, then drivers select standard Z68XP stuff, then install. Close MB, and reboot, and it just all worked, amazing. Great work TonyMac team!
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back