Contribute
Register

Yosemite G750JX-DB71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG G750JX-DB71
CPU
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz (3.4 GHz TURBO)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I know there are mavericks guides, that have mavericks kexts and what not, is there an updated guide anywhere? I searched but it seems to be chunked guides smattered throughout the 60+ pages of the mavericks guide.

I was wondering if anyone that has successfully installed 10.10.3 or 10.10.4 clean/fresh has an updated guide and could point me to the right kexts.

I tried doing this a year ago and failed horribly, I just got the iPhone 6 and I think it's time to get my hackintosh up!

I know there are mavericks guides, that have mavericks kexts and what not, is there an updated guide anywhere? I searched but it seems to be chunked guides smattered throughout the 60+ pages of the mavericks guide.

I was wondering if anyone that has successfully installed 10.10.3 or 10.10.4 clean/fresh has an updated guide and could point me to the right kexts.

I tried doing this a year ago and failed horribly, I just got the iPhone 6 and I think it's time to get my hackintosh up!

Use the Mavericks guide as clues for what needs to be done. Installing Yosemite is very similar to installing Mavericks.

So I got it installed, patched the kernel. Still getting instant reboots, tried nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No kinda lost on what to try now

So I got it installed, patched the kernel. Still getting instant reboots, tried nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No kinda lost on what to try now

Recommend Clover. No need to patch the kernel on disk.

Well, I didn't read your last post and decided to try repatching, and success!

looks like I am missing Wireless and Bluetooth, any chance of getting the links? The ones I found on the Mavericks guide borked the install so I reinstalled and I am trying to find them now. I'll edit the post if I find them but would be extremely grateful if you could help me find them. Much obliged rehabman!

Edit: What is the benefits of using Clover over unibeast? I might just reinstall using that method if it solves a bunch of things all at once.

Well, I didn't read your last post and decided to try repatching, and success!

looks like I am missing Wireless and Bluetooth, any chance of getting the links? The ones I found on the Mavericks guide borked the install so I reinstalled and I am trying to find them now. I'll edit the post if I find them but would be extremely grateful if you could help me find them. Much obliged rehabman!

Edit: What is the benefits of using Clover over unibeast? I might just reinstall using that method if it solves a bunch of things all at once.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

The Clover guide linked from the FAQ lists the advantages.

Is there anyway to install clover post-osx installation? I'm pretty certain I installed non-efi.

I got WiFi working, Just missing sound. I still have to boot using the -x flag otherwise I get a grey screen.

Is there anyway to install clover post-osx installation? I'm pretty certain I installed non-efi.

It depends on what you did post-install. There are several things you should not do (patching kernel,etc) when doing a Clover-based setup.

I got WiFi working, Just missing sound. I still have to boot using the -x flag otherwise I get a grey screen.

Audio info in FAQ.

You should do the required research to find out what you need for proper graphics support.

According to the Mavericks guide, its "native" I see it in the about this mac section, I haven't installed any drivers for it yet, would that be the issue?

I am going to re-install using clover method. If I put my kexts into CLOVER > kexts > 10.10 on the USB are they going to be installed with Yosemite?

According to the Mavericks guide, its "native" I see it in the about this mac section, I haven't installed any drivers for it yet, would that be the issue?

No idea about which guide you refer to...

I am going to re-install using clover method. If I put my kexts into CLOVER > kexts > 10.10 on the USB are they going to be installed with Yosemite?

Read guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

What you place on EFI folder does not affect what the Yosemite installer does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back