Contribute
Register

Yosemite Fully Working Installation Guide (ALC892 Audio Working) GA-X79-UP4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have edited this now 3 or 4 times but i just wanted to say that i have audio! i updated to 10.10.1 and then used the yosemite 7.1 multibeast and i DID NOT use the mavericks one at all, ALC892 totally worked for me on the latest apple update and the late multibeast. the rest of the settings are perfect.

thanks for the walk thru!

Do you have the same set up as David? I have the exact same board and graphics card. After updating to 10.10.1 I lost audio, and then used multibeast 7.1 and didn't get it back. Has anyone else succefully upgraded to 10.10.1 with this setup and got audio back?

i have this motherboard.
i put the usb drive , select it and put this flags from you tutorial.
-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 -f

start but i some moment, black screen i said.
THIS IMAGE.
Memory allocation error!
This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

IMG_6335_zps37bacab0.jpg

PLEASE, HELP ME, i want to install it.

I have. Download Multibeast for Mavericks 6.1.0 and choose Drivers > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC892 and install. Do this after you've installed the drivers for Yosemite using the newest Multibeast.

And Multibeast for Yosemite ALC892 driver doesn't work for my build and for many others, so don't say that it does work for everyone because it doesn't.

COULD YOU FIX YOUR PROBLEM??? what do you do? share the solution please.

I followed everything, but I can't boot after without being in safe mode. Heres what my boot file looks like. Please help me. Im tired and frustrated. Thanks. I'm on 6 core i7 with geforce 770 on same motherboard. thought it would work, but its not.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>

</dict>
</plist>

COULD YOU FIX YOUR PROBLEM??? what do you do? share the solution please.

Try this, for me it worked::thumbup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi everyone
Thank you, David, for your helpful tutorial, all is up and running smoothly except for the audio.
I'm running a similar setup:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79
Processor: i7 4820k Quad-Core
and followed the directions step by step, although I didn't have Mavericks installed previously, I just installed Yosemite from the get-go (might this cause a problem?)

I used the Mavericks 6.1.0 Multibeast to install the ALC892 driver and changed the
org.chameleon.Boot.plist file as you recommended, but I still can't seem to get any audio devices to show up in my system report, let alone in the sound preferences.

Any ideas/leads as to what i'm doing wrong?
Any advice would help

Thanks!
Dylan

Great write up.

I've got something that I just can't figure out and it's frustrating the crap out of me...I've got the same board as you and have made my unibeast Yosemite usb drive about 10 times on 3 different flash drives and the only way I can get it to boot to the usb drive is to do a "load optimized defaults" in the bios, which messes a ton of other stuff up...Even then it never comes up in the F12 menu but it will come up in the chimera boot screen...Thoughts????

resolved this...It actually shows as PMAP on my board...

Thanks again,

jb

I appreciate your guide but I've been stuck for a very very long time and would like to throw it out there and see if anyone has a fix:

After succesfully installing yosemite to my ssd using your boot flags, I boot back into the system and do F12, choose the USB drive and then choose my newly installed yosemite drive, enter the boot flag and I get a "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel"

I can't get past this and have googled it and found some threads but nothing has helped...I've got your same board.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

thanks!

jb

It work for me Thank you very much.
My Spec is: Sabertooth X58 i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back