Contribute
Register

Yosemite Fully Working Installation Guide (ALC892 Audio Working) GA-X79-UP4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bro!!

The guide is fantastic, Thank You.

I have one remaining issue to resolve and its driving me insane.

When CPUS=1 flag is entered (either in the Extra .plist or at boot), the sound to my FIREWIRE device works flawlessly, however, to utilise all the CPU cores for daily use as full system performance, CPUS=1 must be removed to activate all the cores.

When the CPUS=1 flag is removed, the FIREWIRE audio sound card drops all sounds and I hear nothing but glitches of sound. Does anyone have a resolution for this? It seems the CPUS=1 flag is doing something to the way audio is being referenced but I cannot find a resolution to this problem.

Any help is very much appreciated.

System Specs:

• GA-X79-UP4
  • Intel Core i7 4820K Quad Core processor 3.70GHz (Shows as XEON E5 processor in 'About this Mac')
  • 16GB Ram
  • Syba 2 Port IEEE 1394A Firewire PCI-Express x1 Card with Shared Internal Header

Last edited:
David, first thank you! Second. I have had great success with everything working. BUT i can only boot if i manually put in npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 cpus=1 -f. The -f seems to be the clincher. Any thoughts?

Got everything working! thanks! Was curious if you knew if I could upgrade from the 4930k to the 2680 V2 on this board? I know I'd have to edit the voodooTSCsync from 11 for the 6 core to 19 for the 110, but does anyone know if there's more to it than that? I'm on 10.10.4.

thanks!

jb

Hello guys&gals, I've been following this thread for a couple of days so far...I needed to update my hackintosh from 10.9.5 to the more update and stable 10.10.5 (until a perfectly stable "El Capitan" will be ready).
I found this thread really helpful, thank you davidhyde18!

Anyway I just want to share my experience 'cause, for me, it wasn't actually the same process and I was stuck several time. I hope it might help other people who has the same, or similar, hackintosh build.

My build is:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4-LGA2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k 3.5Ghz 6 core
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz 32GB
HD: Sandisk 256GB SSD Ultra Plus 2.5
WIFI: TP-Link-WDN4800 N900 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Here following the steps I've taken (I'm not sure that every settings are perfect but they are working for me - so if you have any suggestion in order to improve them just let me know please :thumbup:):

1. DOWNLOAD: Download Multibeast 7.5, Multibeast 6.1.0, Unibeast 5.2.0, Chimera 4.0, OsX Yosemite (from the app store), OSXupdCombo 10.10.5 (from the Apple support page).
  2. PLUG USB: Plug in the usb and follow the normal procedure to install Unibeast and the OS X Yosemite to create a bootable usb. Copy inside the usb also Multibeast Yosemite, Multibeast Mavericks and Chimera 4.0.
  3. RESTART PC: Restart your pc and press F12 (I have a Gigabyte mobo, for your it could be different) to choose the boot drive. Select your bootable USB. Before booting from your usb write this flags: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 (you can also add -v for verbose mode). Follow the instruction to install the new OS X. Once finished (it could take a while), restart your OS and press F12.
  4. BOOT USB: Choose to boot from the usb on the menu, but instead of booting from it select the HD were you have just installed your new OS and write again these flags before hitting ok: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 (again you can also add -v for verbose mode). Continue the installation of the cloud ecc. 'till it finish.
  5. INSTALL COMBO UPDATE: Once the installation from the usb has finished, install the file "osxupdcombo10.10.5.dmg". Then restart your OS and press F12.
  6. BOOT USB: Choose to boot again from your usb on the menu, but instead of booting from it select the HD were you have just updated your OS and write again these flags before hitting ok: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 (again you can also add -v for verbose mode).
  7. BCK (you can skip this part if you want and jump to the 8th): At these moment my OS looked stable so I decided to make a backup (you can use Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper) in order to start again from here if the multibeast part wouldn't run perfectly (I had some issues several times and had to install again the OS X from the very beginning).
  8. MULTIBEAST 7.5.0: Open Multibeast 7.5.0 and click as follow (once you finish press "build")
    - click on "Quick Start" and select "Free DSDT".
    - click on "Drivers" -> "Misc" -> and select "ElliottForceLegacyRTC", "EvOreboot", both "FakeSMCs", "NullCPUPowerManagement", "USB 3.0 Universal", "VoodooTSCSync 6 Core" (mine has 6 core, you might need something different according to your CPU).
    - click on "SSDT Options" -> "Sandy Bridge Core i7" (mine is a i7, you might need something different).
  9. MULTIBEAST 6.1.0: Open Multibeast 6.1.0 and click on "Drivers -> Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC892". Click on "Build".
  10. RESTART PC: Restart your OS, choose your HD drive and boot it with the following flags: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 (you can also add -v for verbose mode)
  11. OPEN PLIST: Right click on the "Finder" icon and click on "Go to Folder...", then type "/Extra" and open the file called "org.chameleon.boot.plist". Here following my settings:

- EthernetBuiltIn=Yes
    - GraphicsEnabler=Yes
    - IGPEnabler=Yes
    - Kernel Flags: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1
    - Legacy Logo=Yes
    - Timeout=2
    - GenerateCStates=Yes
    - GeneratePStates=Yes
    - UseKernelCache=No

Save and close the file.

PLEASE NOTE
    : Before adding the flag "kext-dev-mode=1" (on my previous attempt) my audio wasn't working. This seems to fix that problem.
  12. BOOT: Turn off the pc. Take off the USB stick and restart your pc. Enter in your BIOS setting and check the bios boot settings, then boot your OS from the HD with your new OS X Yosemite (now it should boot without the need of any flags :headbang:).

I hope some of you guys/gals, that has my same settings and problem, will find this little guide helpful.
Thanks again to davidhyde18.

Have a nice day and Hackintosh time :D

This is a guide to upgrade Yosemite from Mavericks with the following build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Processor: i7 4820k Quad-Core Extreme
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
RAM: 32GB
Booted from and installed on: Samsung 120GB SSD

Additional miscellaneous parts:
Wi-fi card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Bluetooth: Belkin USB Bluetooth

What you'll need (very important):
8GB or more USB stick
Wired keyboard
Wired mouse/wireless mouse that does not use bluetooth

Note: This was all done on the same Hackintosh with the same SSD, so you can do the same. This is a guide for those who wish to upgrade Yosemite with these same conditions; although, the difference between clean install will not be too dissimilar.

Please prepare for up to 3 hours for the process to be finished.

Looking to solve audio problems with ALC892? See Step 5

Step 1:

Thanks so much for this guide, worked perfectly on my X79-UP4/i74820K/GTX760! Has anyone succefully moved on to a successful El Capitan upgrade/fresh installation? Sincerely ssprod

Great stuff, thank you so much for the help!

Only issue I've ran into is Ethernet isn't working, and iCloud/App Store won't sign in. Was curious if anyone else with this setup has ran into that issue at all. I've seen other posts about it throughout the forums, just curious if anyone with this build has ran into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back