GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi,

My worst fears came true. Yosemite hanged on my 6460B. It happened right after I woke it from the sleep state. I pressed the power button to wake it, typed my password, launched Safari, clicked on the link to tonymacx86 forum which I had saved and when the page was loading it all hanged. The page didn't even load, Safari was showing a blank page.

Just like in the Mavericks I could only move a cursor around the screen and nothing else. I had to hold the power button to turn my laptop off and then I turned it on.

I installed Yosemite yesterday in the evening (around 22 hours ago). I didn't install any additional software yet. The only device that is connected is a wireless mouse receiver. I followed the Clover guide and did everything exactly as it was said there. I'm using an ethernet cable to have an internet connection.

Here's what console saved from the time of the freeze:
http://pastebin.com/MNwnk5my
There's a lot about some errors with network (just guessing here)

Here's my IOReg:
View attachment Loreno's 6460B.ioreg

Hi,

My worst fears came true. Yosemite hanged on my 6460B. It happened right after I woke it from the sleep state. I pressed the power button to wake it, typed my password, launched Safari, clicked on the link to tonymacx86 forum which I had saved and when the page was loading it all hanged. The page didn't even load, Safari was showing a blank page.

Just like in the Mavericks I could only move a cursor around the screen and nothing else. I had to hold the power button to turn my laptop off and then I turned it on.

I installed Yosemite yesterday in the evening (around 22 hours ago). I didn't install any additional software yet. The only device that is connected is a wireless mouse receiver. I followed the Clover guide and did everything exactly as it was said there. I'm using an ethernet cable to have an internet connection.

Here's what console saved from the time of the freeze:
http://pastebin.com/MNwnk5my
There's a lot about some errors with network (just guessing here)

Here's my IOReg:
View attachment 108011

pastebin content shows a graphics hang.

pastebin content shows a graphics hang.

Just like in the Mavericks. But I see one difference:
In Mavericks the error looked like this:
14.07.2014 16:00:28,000 kernel[0]: **** Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine ****

In Yosemite it is:
19.10.2014 17:52:38,000 kernel[0]: **** Debug info for *possible* hang in BLT graphics engine ****

In Mavericks it's the MAIN graphics engine and in Yosemite it's the BLT graphics engine.

Just to remind you about my previous problem with freezies on Mavericks: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/137016-mavericks-freezing-6460b.html

I thought that I won't encounter this problem on Yosemite, because from te beginning my experience with the OS was just great. It even feels snappier and faster than Mavericks, although I anticipated something completely different.

Have you got any ideas if it's possible to fix this problem? It would be great to use Yosemite as my main OS.

Does anyone know the answer to my question? Today I'll have to install Windows and I need to know if I should keep the Yosemite partition or maybe I should format the whole HDD for Windows, because it's impossible to fix the freezies problem.

It's strange, because user pkilfeather1 also has 6460B and it looks like he has no problems with it.

Does anyone know the answer to my question? Today I'll have to install Windows and I need to know if I should keep the Yosemite partition or maybe I should format the whole HDD for Windows, because it's impossible to fix the freezies problem.

It's strange, because user pkilfeather1 also has 6460B and it looks like he has no problems with it.

Compare specs with pkilfeather1. Perhaps you have different screens...

I've followed what Revogirl has written some time ago on her blog. I've increased the amount of VRAM to 512MB and I'm testing it now. I'll see if it helps. If it does (or not) I'll post the results here.

The other thing I noticed is that fans work rather loud (I've been watching a movie online and HDD temperature jumped to 51C and CPU's frequency got high). Is that normal during a normal movie? I used Chrome, because t was in flash.

I've followed what Revogirl has written some time ago on her blog. I've increased the amount of VRAM to 512MB and I'm testing it now. I'll see if it helps. If it does (or not) I'll post the results here.

The other thing I noticed is that fans work rather loud (I've been watching a movie online and HDD temperature jumped to 51C and CPU's frequency got high). Is that normal during a normal movie? I used Chrome, because t was in flash.

If you don't have flash working with hw-acceleration, it would be normal to use lots of cpu resources during video decode.

If you don't have flash working with hw-acceleration, it would be normal to use lots of cpu resources during video decode.

Should I install flash driver from adobe to get that acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back