Contribute
Register

Yosemite Freezing at Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

As i've mentioned in my above post, this is not a problem with my installer. I've already installed yosemite and used multi beast this is a "post installation" inquiry. I've installed proper drivers and devices and tried to boot with -v. When booting in -v, it goes directly to boot up and never stops for me to be able to take a screenshot of the error, hence, no error showing. I have issues of booting into my login right before it is about to load, the load bar loads and stops! I have to simply hit the reset button on my rig and after the reset, it loads properly most times. Note that when shutting down my rig, sometimes my power does not turn off and the fans still operate. I have to hold the power button down in this case for it to completely shut off. I'm guessing it is power related, but are there any suggestions?

Try booting without caches (-f). If successful boot, then execute Repair Disk Permission from Disk Utility and Rebuild Caches from DPCIManager.

Once it is done, check booting and shutdown.

The issue is the freezing before it gets to login screen. Please note that I can use my Yosemite Fine , it is just that I have to reset the RIG each time I start it in order to bypass the freeze that occurs at the first start up. After the First time it starts up, it freezes. I reset the rig, and it successfully works. I think there may be a misunderstanding that I can't get into start up...

The issue is the freezing before it gets to login screen. Please note that I can use my Yosemite Fine , it is just that I have to reset the RIG each time I start it in order to bypass the freeze that occurs at the first start up. After the First time it starts up, it freezes. I reset the rig, and it successfully works. I think there may be a misunderstanding that I can't get into start up...

Have you tried to boot without caches??

I tried to boot without flags (-f) and it still freezes up on me. Will rebuilding caches do anything? Some other related issues that still happen is when shutting down my rig doesn't turn off. The fans still run but the monitor shuts off. Would these two issues be related somehow?

I tried to boot without flags (-f) and it still freezes up on me. Will rebuilding caches do anything?

Without flag?? You have to try booting with -f, it is for ignoring caches.

sorry -f without caches. same issue

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

If same issue, then remove GFX card and connect monitor to onboard graphics port.

Then try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=0 IGPEnabler=Yes -f -v"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back