Contribute
Register

Yosemite Freezes on Bootup After Flawless Unibeast Installation (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite Freezes on Bootup After Flawless Unibeast Installation [SOLVED]

Hi everyone,

So I installed Yosemite on my machine with pretty much the perfect scenario, installer booted, installed, booted into the OS via the USB drive and ran Multibeast. After I installed the DSDT for my motherboard (yes I confirmed I am running version F8) I could not boot or get the loading bar to move when I boot without loading from the USB drive. Here's the result when I boot using verbose: http://i.imgur.com/fplNvRi.jpg

I even tried installing without a DSDT to see if that would help, but no dice. Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: Solved it thanks to jarotte's help. To those of you searching for the answer for this fix, just check the ACPI Rollback for 5/6-series boards in MultiBeast.

I am getting this error as well - as are a lot of other people it seems. To my knowledge, no one has found a fix yet. Let's just hope someone comes up with something!

Thanks for letting me know, as long other people are affected I'm sure somebody will find a fix soon then :)

I'm getting the same error on a GA-H61N-USB3 (F8). I installed Yosemite on my retina MacBook Pro which worked fine (mounted in USB) then applied multi beast the way I have done heaps of times in the past for 10.9 etc., but when I boot I get the same error.

Hopefully someone works it out soon! :)

John

I kept getting stuck during boot around the "PCI configuration begin" stage. No amount of Kernel flags would help. I installed the AppleACPI Rollback 10.9.5 (in latest Multibeast) and it booted right up. Give it a try.

What I don't understand is how anyone is able to get Multibeast to run and install that fix if you can't get past the "PCI Configuration Begin" error. That's where I'm stuck, and I can't find any way of getting back to the desktop.

Any ideas at all? I was able to install Yosemite from the USB drive just fine, no errors there. And I can boot from the USB to get back to the install (to use the Terminal, for instance), but I've got no way to get to a desktop and use Multibeast.

What am I missing here?

EDIT : Nevermind. I just yanked the drive out of my tower, put it in a USB enclosure and used my laptop to install the fix onto the drive. Once I did that, all was well.

What I don't understand is how anyone is able to get Multibeast to run and install that fix if you can't get past the "PCI Configuration Begin" error. That's where I'm stuck, and I can't find any way of getting back to the desktop.

Any ideas at all? I was able to install Yosemite from the USB drive just fine, no errors there. And I can boot from the USB to get back to the install (to use the Terminal, for instance), but I've got no way to get to a desktop and use Multibeast.

What am I missing here?

EDIT : Nevermind. I just yanked the drive out of my tower, put it in a USB enclosure and used my laptop to install the fix onto the drive. Once I did that, all was well.

Would you be able explain step by step how you were able to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem where I can't get to the desktop to use multibeast and install the rollback. Stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back