Contribute
Register

Yosemite Freezes on Bootup After Flawless Unibeast Installation (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite Freezes on Bootup After Flawless Unibeast Installation [SOLVED]

Hi everyone,

So I installed Yosemite on my machine with pretty much the perfect scenario, installer booted, installed, booted into the OS via the USB drive and ran Multibeast. After I installed the DSDT for my motherboard (yes I confirmed I am running version F8) I could not boot or get the loading bar to move when I boot without loading from the USB drive. Here's the result when I boot using verbose: http://i.imgur.com/fplNvRi.jpg

I even tried installing without a DSDT to see if that would help, but no dice. Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: Solved it thanks to jarotte's help. To those of you searching for the answer for this fix, just check the ACPI Rollback for 5/6-series boards in MultiBeast.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Geforce GT 440
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am getting this error as well - as are a lot of other people it seems. To my knowledge, no one has found a fix yet. Let's just hope someone comes up with something!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for letting me know, as long other people are affected I'm sure somebody will find a fix soon then :)

Motherboard
EP45-UD3P
CPU
Core 2 Quad 2.66
Graphics
9800GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 20th Anniv. Mac
  3. 512K
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm getting the same error on a GA-H61N-USB3 (F8). I installed Yosemite on my retina MacBook Pro which worked fine (mounted in USB) then applied multi beast the way I have done heaps of times in the past for 10.9 etc., but when I boot I get the same error.

Hopefully someone works it out soon! :)

John

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-970
Graphics
9800GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I kept getting stuck during boot around the "PCI configuration begin" stage. No amount of Kernel flags would help. I installed the AppleACPI Rollback 10.9.5 (in latest Multibeast) and it booted right up. Give it a try.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
CPU
3.39Ghz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What I don't understand is how anyone is able to get Multibeast to run and install that fix if you can't get past the "PCI Configuration Begin" error. That's where I'm stuck, and I can't find any way of getting back to the desktop.

Any ideas at all? I was able to install Yosemite from the USB drive just fine, no errors there. And I can boot from the USB to get back to the install (to use the Terminal, for instance), but I've got no way to get to a desktop and use Multibeast.

What am I missing here?

EDIT : Nevermind. I just yanked the drive out of my tower, put it in a USB enclosure and used my laptop to install the fix onto the drive. Once I did that, all was well.

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7 3.4GHz
Graphics
EVGA nVidia GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
What I don't understand is how anyone is able to get Multibeast to run and install that fix if you can't get past the "PCI Configuration Begin" error. That's where I'm stuck, and I can't find any way of getting back to the desktop.

Any ideas at all? I was able to install Yosemite from the USB drive just fine, no errors there. And I can boot from the USB to get back to the install (to use the Terminal, for instance), but I've got no way to get to a desktop and use Multibeast.

What am I missing here?

EDIT : Nevermind. I just yanked the drive out of my tower, put it in a USB enclosure and used my laptop to install the fix onto the drive. Once I did that, all was well.

Would you be able explain step by step how you were able to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem where I can't get to the desktop to use multibeast and install the rollback. Stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.