Intel Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I own a HP Probook 4430s, running OSX Mavericks,
Running with the HP Probook Installer for Mavericks (Unibeast)

Do I need to re-do my Hackintosh with Clover?

I will like to know if I only need to wait for a version with Unibeast, or I will have to do it with Clover.

Thanks

I own a HP Probook 4430s, running OSX Mavericks,
Running with the HP Probook Installer for Mavericks (Unibeast)

Do I need to re-do my Hackintosh with Clover?

I will like to know if I only need to wait for a version with Unibeast, or I will have to do it with Clover.

Thanks

Unibeast is available, but many other components aren't ready (bcc9's AppleHDA patcher, for example).

The thought at that point is to transition to Clover.

Seems like the writing is on the wall that's it's finally time for us ProBook/Chameleon users to upgrade to Clover?

I suppose it might make sense to try and not support Bios-based installation if Clover is so stable now for HP laptops, but perhaps it would be possible to help Chameleon users convert to Clover without having to reinstall all the OSes from scratch?

I am running 10.8, 10.9, Win 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 all on a Chameleon bootloader across two disks. Is there any way I can back up the OSes, upgrade to Clover, and set up at least the Windows and Ubuntu OSes without starting all over again?

As a developer, it takes such a long time to set up the various development environments, something I would really like to try and avoid. Even the risk of messing something up makes me want to keep everything as is, but it would really be great to have 10.10 running on my 4530s.

Seems like the writing is on the wall that's it's finally time for us ProBook/Chameleon users to upgrade to Clover?

I suppose it might make sense to try and not support Bios-based installation if Clover is so stable now for HP laptops, but perhaps it would be possible to help Chameleon users convert to Clover without having to reinstall all the OSes from scratch?

I am running 10.8, 10.9, Win 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 all on a Chameleon bootloader across two disks. Is there any way I can back up the OSes, upgrade to Clover, and set up at least the Windows and Ubuntu OSes without starting all over again?

As a developer, it takes such a long time to set up the various development environments, something I would really like to try and avoid. Even the risk of messing something up makes me want to keep everything as is, but it would really be great to have 10.10 running on my 4530s.

You can migrate in-place (of course, you should have a backup). You can even migrate your Win81 install to UEFI (use google). I'm sure you can do the same with Ubuntu 14.04 although I don't know the details (use google).

Unibeast is available, but many other components aren't ready (bcc9's AppleHDA patcher, for example).

Another thing, my laptop came with an Intel Centrino Wireless card, with that said, I can only acess internet by Ethernet, is there a way for that card to work, or will I have to purchase the Atheros Card?

Another thing, my laptop came with an Intel Centrino Wireless card, with that said, I can only access internet by Ethernet, is there a way for that card to work, or will I have to purchase the Atheros Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back