Graphics
Gefore 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! First off, thank you all for your support. I've learned a lot and have made it far in building my first hackintosh and installing Yosemite (EFI) via Clover.

The issue I'm encountering is that I can't get Finder to open without crashing. I can open most apps and even use the main Apple button (left corner), see About This Mac, adjust Wifi, and launch apps from the Spotlight Search, however as soon as I click on finder or try to open a finder window, I am then forced to "Relaunch" in order to stop the spinning rainbow wheel.

What are some first steps I could take to troubleshoot this?

My build is: Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H v1.0 on BIOS F8 (was still having the freezing issue on F6, so I'm not sure it really matters at this point). i7-4790k 4.0GHz. Ballistix 16gb kit (2 x 8gb DDR3). Using the system Intel Graphics (no graphics card plugged in). & a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD.

I've made sure I loaded Optimized/Default BIOS settings and then adjusted several settings as suggested, and then went as far to change my voltage/frequency/timing settings in my memory thinking it was a RAM issue causing it to freeze...

Anyhow, been working on this thing for two weeks and haven't found a thread anywhere with someone experiencing anything similar.

Initially I installed Yosemite via Unibeast and Multibeast and everything worked great (minus audio and my graphics card), but then I installed Multibeast (maybe with the wrong settings?) and was never able to get Yosemite to boot to the login screen again... Anyhow, found that Clover was "newer" and used the UEFI/EFI method of installing and had MUCH MUCH much less issues installing Yosemite and was able to eventually get to the desktop and open apps, but NEVER have I been able to open a Finder window or click on a Finder drop down without it locking up and my having to Relaunch Finder.

Would love to get a lead on this! Thank you everyone... :beachball:
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 9.29.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 9.29.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 9.29.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 9.29.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 9.29.14 PM.png

Use iMac 14,2 system def... Better yet don't use any and let Clover figure it out...

Is that as easy as just deleting those fields and rebooting with the new plist? Or do I need to do a reinstall? I was never able to open finder, so I have no way of running the Clover post-installation. I've just been making these changes via the configurator on another machine and then rebooting. With your suggestion, I still wasn't able to stop Finder from freezing. I may just go ahead and try a reinstall and see if that helps.

Thank you for the advice kduvernay. I went ahead and did a fresh install and made sure not to determine SMBIOS in Clover Configurator before installing and then I didn't have any Finder issues. Once I installed I went in and modified the SMBIOS to fit my hardware (even had to switch to an iMac setting to fix an issue with sound breaking when waking from sleep).

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back