Contribute
Register

Yosemite ethernet interfaces stop working after some random time interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also updated to latest Yosemite and have tried all the kexts.

Yet when i transfer large files to/from the NAS, the network card stops working.

Use the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext in the latest MB

Same issue here running a Gigabyte H97-WIFI with the Intel ethernet controller. The only thing that brings it down is when I am streaming large (15-36GB) MKV files to my WD TV live, it will occasionally cause the ethernet on the Hackintosh to drop off. A reboot fixes it.

I will try modifying the Kext like listed above and see if it reoccurs

Same issue here running a Gigabyte H97-WIFI with the Intel ethernet controller. The only thing that brings it down is when I am streaming large (15-36GB) MKV files to my WD TV live, it will occasionally cause the ethernet on the Hackintosh to drop off. A reboot fixes it.

I will try modifying the Kext like listed above and see if it reoccurs

I've found same issue with very similar motherboard (H97M-DH3).

It has REALTEK 8111F-VL GbE card, so I've tried RTL81xx driver, with known result: after several days, NIC report "Not Connected", and ping fails. Only reboot could bring NIC to life.

Any advice on this?

Quick tip: I've seen several threads for "H97M" success with no mention to loading kext for Ethernet, but If I don't load Realtek kext, my Yosemite reports no NIC. It's weird for me, I've installed Yosemite as everybody else (or so I thought).

H97M-DH3
i7-4770K
Yosemite 10.1 with Clover
No DSDT
GTX 680

I modified the Intel Kext as mentioned above and so far so good. It seems to have fixed the crashing of the Intel Ethernet interface during prolong large file transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back