CPU
i7-960
Graphics
Gtx 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
(Success)Yosemite doesn't boot after install

Hi! I got to the installer of Yosemite and did an installation but now i can't reach Yosemite system (OS) ...(I had Mountain Lion and decided to install Yosemite)

I tried this flags:

-F
-x
kernel -v
npci=0x2000
maxmem=4096
maxmem=8192
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=2
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Both GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1
I will try--->GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x2000 and -x (just in case)

You have a screen capture there about what verbose says (the thing stucks everytime there) ... and some BIOS info just in case it could help.

I'm stuck here please help :/
EDIT

Tried setting all IDE options to AHCI on BIOS but same problem happening

EDIT.2

I tried MacDrive to replace the FakeSMC.Kext file (/system/library/extensions) with a fresh one just because a friend told me it could be broken.

EDIT.3

I did a backup and a clean install, Yosemite boots!

Now I'm looking forward for Multibeast config :/ it's hard to now the settings.

EDIT.4

I chose the wrong options doing MultiBeast, Yosemite doesn't boot now :(

EDIT.5

Tried new Multibeast config, system boots but had a problem and system blocked after a minute

I had to use the "-f" flag to make it stable

Changed some things on "org.chameleon.Boot.plist", system boots with no flags...but there's no sound

EDIT.6

Did a DSDT (instead of non-DSDT) installation with all the options Jithin user pointed, rebooted system, switched audio output and added some strings on the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" (<key>UseKernelCache</key> <string>No</string>), now everything is fine :D . My DSDT.aml file is attached down there for whom may have the same motherboard.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FF(2).aml
    20.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi! I got to the installer of Yosemite and did an installation but now i can't reach Yosemite system (OS) ...(I had Mountain Lion and decided to install Yosemite)

I tried this flags:

-F
-x
kernel -v
npci=0x2000
maxmem=4096
maxmem=8192
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=2
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Both GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1
I will try--->GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x2000 and -x (just in case)

You have a screen capture there about what verbose says (the thing stucks everytime there) ... and some BIOS info just in case it could help.

I'm stuck here please help :/
EDIT

Tried setting all IDE options to AHCI on BIOS but same problem happening

EDIT.2

I tried MacDrive to replace the FakeSMC.Kext file (/system/library/extensions) with a fresh one just because a friend told me it could be broken.

Set SATA modes as AHCI.

Your FakeSMC is in backtrace. Also it is not seems like a newer version.

Try booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 -f -v". If the screen stuck with messages then post a clear photo of the entire screen.

I have all set to AHCI.

I replaced the Kext file on the Mac folder (/system/library/extensions) with the one on this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=211

I tried the flags you mentioned but i get this error (i tried using "-x" too with those flags but get same error)

Attachments

• la foto 1.JPG
    la foto 1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 151
I have all set to AHCI.

I replaced the Kext file on the Mac folder (/system/library/extensions) with the one on this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=211

I tried the flags you mentioned but i get this error (i tried using "-x" too with those flags but get same error)

Simply putting/copying the kext will not be effective. You should have to assign chmod 755 and chown root:wheel for that kext.

Are you updating to Yosemite from any other old version??

Simply putting/copying the kext will not be effective. You should have to assign chmod 755 and chown root:wheel for that kext.

Are you updating to Yosemite from any other old version??

I don't understand what you mean with "assign chmod 755 and chown root:wheel for that kext." :/ sorry ....do you mean to use the mac terminal?..... but i can't reach it from my Windows hard drive

I had Mountain Lion and decided to Install Yosemite.

EDIT

You mean use something like this?

sudo -s
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/[NAME].kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/[NAME].kext
rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Caches
reboot

I don't understand what you mean with "assign chmod 755 and chown root:wheel for that kext." :/ sorry ....do you mean to use the mac terminal?

Yes need to use terminal for assigning right permissions.

..... but i can't reach it from my Windows hard drive

I had Mountain Lion and decided to Install Yosemite.

Is the Yosemite installed over ML or you have formatted drive and installing Yosemite as fresh??

Yes need to use terminal for assigning right permissions.

Is the Yosemite installed over ML or you have formatted drive and installing Yosemite as fresh??

But how can I use terminal if I can't reach Mac? I can use MacDrive from my Windows harddrive and reach Mac info but not execute Mac terminal

I'm doing a installation over ML, didn't format, not fresh

EDIT

Would be better to do a clean installation?

But how can I use terminal if I can't reach Mac? I can use MacDrive from my Windows harddrive and reach Mac info but not execute Mac terminal

I'm doing a installation over ML, didn't format, not fresh

EDIT

Would be better to do a clean installation?

If you don't have any data on the partition/drive then it is better to do a fresh installation.

Also let know you getting the above mentioned error message while trying to directly boot from HDD or USB??

If you don't have any data on the partition/drive then it is better to do a fresh installation.

Also let know you getting the above mentioned error message while trying to directly boot from HDD or USB??

If i boot using USB and choose my Lion harddrive i can go further but get stuck here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...osemite-doesnt-boot-after-install-unnamed.jpg

I would try a clean installation, I think it would be better as you said so, I'll post results here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back