Graphics
AMD RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, never had any problems with Z87x-UD3H and 4670K until now and I have headache with Yosemite install.

Bios settings F9:
VTD-ON because CPU is K series, but I tried and with VT-D off. XHCI Mode=Auto,
Ehci-HandOff-Enabled, WOL-Disabled, Integrated graphic card Disabled.

Every time I try to boot Yosemite USB I get "panic cpu3 caller: a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64...."
WHAT IS THAT?????

I tried next boot flags: GE=Yes/No, maxmem, -x, PCIRootUID=0/1 of course in combination and no help. It's just stuck.

I enter setup once or two times from 10 with next flag: -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096 and enter SETUP but I restart PC to test again and ENTER SAME FLAGS I get panic again ????? From several times tried it enter setup once!?

I used Mavericks from beginning with this PC and all worked perfectly. If I try to install Mavericks again Booting work like a Charm!!!

What's the problem... Is there any new Bios settings or ???!?!!!

Attachments

• 20141017_143641.jpg
    20141017_143641.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 2,006
exact same problem here.

4770k, z87x-ud5h

anyone got a solution?

If you have a NVIDIA card installed, then try with "nv_disable=1". After the web drivers it should work normally...

for me this one :/ but it's not all time
yesterday i see this..
this morning don't see..
and now when start the pc i see again.. what is the problem i can't see :banghead:
IMG_18102014_132630.jpg

Same problem here. I actually got past the kernel panic once (only once) with maxmem=4096. However, the Yosemite installer became unresponsive. Luckily, I was able to boot back into Mavericks with no issues. I'm going to give up on Yosemite for a while until issues like this get ironed out.

i7-4790K
GA-Z87X-UD3H

System installed perfectly! INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!!!

Someone say to use F8m BIOS but I use F9 official BIOS. I don't like to mess with no official Bios and to screw my motherboard.

BIOS settings: TonyMacx86 guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibe...y-supported-intel-based-pc.html#uefi_settings). I didn't set CFG-Lock - I don't have that option or I can't find it :)

I didn't disable Virtualization because I use it for Parallels. Neither was disabled in Mavericks neither now. And no problems during installation. If I disable Virtualization I have only one CPU in Parallels and errors booting VM.

Because of "deadbeef" error I had to start installation and first boot from USB Yosemite with flags "-no-zp"!!!

After installing Multibeast everything works great except SLEEP. When my computer sleep I get instant wake-up. Problem is with XHC, according to syslog. If someone have solution will be great but that is not problem because I don't use sleep.

In OCBP i use DropSSDT Yes and SSDT, iMac 14.2 SMBIOS and processor and XCPM works perfect. In Mavericks when I use SSDT I have higher temps and frequencies.

Still testing and no problems! Just update software you use!

Because of "deadbeef" error I had to start installation and first boot from USB Yosemite with flags "-no-zp"!!!

Thanks, this solved the problem for me as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back