Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys! Followed the guide to upgrade to Yosemite, but I've been going round about with my system. It is up and running (right now), but I figure when I flip it back off or restart it, the process will start over. I boot from F12 bios and then select my HD, but I have to boot with the bootflags -F -v -x and it'll kick to Yosemite (of course with lagging USB and what not).

My setup is quite old, but here it is: Core i7 860 - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 (F9) - NVIDIA GTS 250 1GB - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ

Anyways, I've tried the Multibeast installer and for some reason I don't think it is taking. My extra folder with Boot.plist looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you need anything else, please let me know! I'd love to get this thing up and running with no bootflags and it be smooth! Thanks guys! :)

Why not try only to boot with -v and take a picture of where it hangs.

Thanks. It currently hangs at "can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel/". I followed the original guide and my plist does not show the mach kernel line I needed to delete. Is it hanging out somewhere else in the system?

I didn't do an upgrade I went for a clean install so take my advice with a grain of salt this is what i would do if i were on your case.

If you boot with -v -x it boots right ? then see under System/Library/Kernels/ if you have the kernel file there.

If it does, which I suppose, to your org.chamaleon.Boot.plist add this

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

And try again with -v and see if it hangs and also a picture would be great.

I didn't do an upgrade I went for a clean install so take my advice with a grain of salt this is what i would do if i were on your case.

If you boot with -v -x it boots right ? then see under System/Library/Kernels/ if you have the kernel file there.

If it does, which I suppose, to your org.chamaleon.Boot.plist add this

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

And try again with -v and see if it hangs and also a picture would be great.

Thanks. When I try with -v and -x, it says "mach 0 file has bad magic number" which means my bootloader is corrupt. I can boot using -F, -v, and -x, but I'm not sure if I can fix my bootloader from there. :S

Were you running Mavericks before updating to Yosemite?

Do you have a clone of your system before Yosemite?

Are you using a DSDT.aml file?

Does this system dual boot, is there a Windows drive?

Good modding,
neil

Were you running Mavericks before updating to Yosemite?

Do you have a clone of your system before Yosemite?

Are you using a DSDT.aml file?

Does this system dual boot, is there a Windows drive?

Good modding,
neil

I was running Snow Leopard and upgraded from there. I have a clone of my Snow Leopard machine and have the org.chameleon.Boot.plist that worked flawlessly with it.

There is a DSDT.aml file currently in my Extra folder (there was also one on my SL machine). Other than that information, I can't tell you anymore because I'm unsure. :S :S :S

This is not a dual boot system.

Thanks!

Edit:

My boot file from SL looked like this:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Okay.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 F11 with a GS 8400 that has Mavericks on it. I will attempt to put Yosemite on a test drive and see what happens.

I put a copy of the DSDT.aml into the /Extra folder on the UniBeast built Yosemite USB installer. And I had to use -v PCIRootUID= 1 GraphicsEnabler-Yes to get the installer to boot.

I will let you know how this works out in a half hour to 45 minutes.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back