Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
In need of some help... not sure what to do anymore after upgrading to Yosemite it has been a pain and headache to deal with booting. Install went fine, but after multibeast installing drivers everything has gone to ****. Note that I am on the most recent update of Multibeast and installed the following: Here is my configuration .

4GQLlHPl.jpg

After multibeast installs successfully, I reboot and try to boot from the SSD drive where I had Yosemite installed over my Mavericks OS. Everything seems fine at first and boots normally, I login with my password and I get the message:
You are unable to log in to the user account "go0sebumpz" at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred." I try multiple times to no avail. This happened once and I reboot again and each time I reboot after anything I get the apple Logo loading and then it goes away and freezes. I run the flags -f -v, and was able to boot Yosemite successfully. But still can't log into my profile! Reboot again and it automatically boots Yosemite, but still receive the "Do not enter/no entry" sign...

bZEtJIQm.jpg

I try to recover my account login by booting with "mount -uw /" "rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" Reboot. I get to boot again and gets frozen again... I have to boot with -f -v and am able to get to setup and setup a new login to try to redirect my locked out user. I go into system pref>users>and try advanced options to redirect my files, but when I look at my folder, my Boot Drive is not to be found on the list.... I figured out these steps from previous threads and could not find any resolution.

So now there are 3 things that are not letting me boot correctly..
1) Frozen loading bar after
2) Waiting on root device in Verbose/No entry sign at boot
3) Locked out original user login with error after entering password

I am running out of ideas with this and need to figure out a resolution. When I ran the install and rebooted using -f -v it ran perfectly. After rebooting with new multibeast settings, it has gone downhill and seems like everything is erroring. What are my options, are there any resolutions? I am running out of ideas and am leaning towards wiping the drive and doing a fresh install if needed. I have scoured the forums for help, and bare with me, I am still all new to Hackintoshes..
:beachball:Your help is appreciated.

Are you able to do a fresh install of Yosemite on this build?? If yes, then do it.

What is the best way to go about doing a fresh install given my situation?

My current build is a dual boot with Windows on my HDD. My OS Boot drive is my SSD, the HDD has two partitions (1 for storage for the Hackintosh, the other for my windows partition). I just use my SSD for my OS and booting...

A few questions; if I do a fresh install, I have a backup of my files, will my account be restored when installing the OS? Will I still get the Transfer file assistant at setup to copy from my backup drive (an external). Please let me know as well and/if I need to configure any different type of multibeast settings to prevent this from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back