Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimera cannot boot UEFI windows. Install windows in Legacy mode.

If you want to use UEFI, then you have to use clover instead of Chimera.

In this case what shld i do? Im dual booting os x and windows on a 2tb drive. Also im not sure how to change from legacy to uefi mode? Im using a gigabyte board.

In this case what shld i do? Im dual booting os x and windows on a 2tb drive. Also im not sure how to change from legacy to uefi mode? Im using a gigabyte board.

UEFI and Legacy you can change it from BIOS. These are two boot modes.

Windows can be installed in any of the modes. UEFI Windows installation requires GUID Partition Table (GPT)+NTFS Partition.

Legacy windows installation requires MBR+NTFS Partition.

As you have installed Yosemite first, what are the partition you created with Disk Utility and how they formatted (Mac OS Extended (Journaled),FAT,etc)??

How you created the bootable USB of Windows???

While installation of Windows, have you changed anything from the windows installation's partition window??

Now which device is set as your primary boot device on BIOS (Better post a photo of the boot priority screen.) ??

Have you checked this guide before installation : http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

UEFI and Legacy you can change it from BIOS. These are two boot modes.

Windows can be installed in any of the modes. UEFI Windows installation requires GUID Partition Table (GPT)+NTFS Partition.

Legacy windows installation requires MBR+NTFS Partition.

As you have installed Yosemite first, what are the partition you created with Disk Utility and how they formatted (Mac OS Extended (Journaled),FAT,etc)??

How you created the bootable USB of Windows???

While installation of Windows, have you changed anything from the windows installation's partition window??

Now which device is set as your primary boot device on BIOS (Better post a photo of the boot priority screen.) ??

Have you checked this guide before installation : http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Hi here i have another laptop that i am intending to install yosemite on

Vaio VPCEG18FG
Intel Core i5-2410m
8gb DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 410m 512mb ddr3
Atheros ar9285 wifi

When creating unibeast drive for yosemite do i need to select laptop support? Also what are the boot flags do i need in order to boot into the installer? Please help me on this thanks

Hi here i have another laptop that i am intending to install yosemite on

Vaio VPCEG18FG
Intel Core i5-2410m
8gb DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 410m 512mb ddr3
Atheros ar9285 wifi

When creating unibeast drive for yosemite do i need to select laptop support? Also what are the boot flags do i need in order to boot into the installer? Please help me on this thanks

Laptop related issues/queries please post under Yosemite Laptop Support section of this forum for fast and better solutions/suggestions.

BTW, You can follow this guide for making bootable USB and installation : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Laptop related issues/queries please post under Yosemite Laptop Support section of this forum for fast and better solutions/suggestions.

BTW, You can follow this guide for making bootable USB and installation : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Hey thanks for all your help my desktop hackintosh is successful!! However i was curious and changed the system definition from macpro 3,1 to 6,1. Now my computers monitor goes to sleep after macintosh boot screen. Ive tried many methods on the internet but did not work. Can someone help me with this??? Thks

Hey thanks for all your help my desktop hackintosh is successful!! However i was curious and changed the system definition from macpro 3,1 to 6,1. Now my computers monitor goes to sleep after macintosh boot screen. Ive tried many methods on the internet but did not work. Can someone help me with this??? Thks

MacPro 6,1 is not the appropriate one for you.

Try with iMac 14,2

MacPro 6,1 is not the appropriate one for you.

Try with iMac 14,2
Hi, i ve tried what you said, it works thanksm however at about this mac all i see is imac without stating the year of the model i tried enabling hidden files to look for com.apple.systemprofiler plist in my hackintosh but i cannot find. What should i do? Can somebody help thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back