1. 0
Hello Everyone,

This is the specs of my computer

-i7-4790
-Gigabyte h97n-wifi mini itx board
-8gb ram
-MSI Geforce GTX 750ti
-2tb HDD

I have created a flash drive for yosemite, but the screen stucks at the apple logo and the bar reaches 1/4 and stops. What are the boot flags do I need to enter?

Hello Everyone,

This is the specs of my computer

-i7-4790
-Gigabyte h97n-wifi mini itx board
-8gb ram
-MSI Geforce GTX 750ti
-2tb HDD

I have created a flash drive for yosemite, but the screen stucks at the apple logo and the bar reaches 1/4 and stops. What are the boot flags do I need to enter?

Provided you have chosen the right BIOS Settings for OS X installation my suggestions are:

Use the boot flag -v for all boots [for USB Yosemite Installer and later for Yosemite System disk untilthe system is fully configured] so that you can get a verbose or text-based boot screen which we can read to find the cause of most booting problems like Kernel Panics and "freezes"

For the specific hardware you have listed including MSI Geforce GTX 750ti, additional boot flags are required for now until you are able to install the latest nVidia webdriver for that card.

So I suggest adding the flags like this:

-v nv_disable=1 -x -f
Hope this helps

Provided you have chosen the right BIOS Settings for OS X installation my suggestions are:

Use the boot flag -v for all boots [for USB Yosemite Installer and later for Yosemite System disk untilthe system is fully configured] so that you can get a verbose or text-based boot screen which we can read to find the cause of most booting problems like Kernel Panics and "freezes"

For the specific hardware you have listed including MSI Geforce GTX 750ti, additional boot flags are required for now until you are able to install the latest nVidia webdriver for that card.

So I suggest adding the flags like this:

-v nv_disable=1 -x -f
Hope this helps

Hi, thanks for your help, i tried the boot flags that you have suggested, however i get a blank grey screen with a beachball turning at the top corner of the screen for very long. What should i do? Thanks for the help

Hi, thanks for your help, i tried the boot flags that you have suggested, however i get a blank grey screen with a beachball turning at the top corner of the screen for very long. What should i do? Thanks for the help

Remove GFX card and do the installation with onboard graphics.

Hi is there anyway to install it without removing the graphics card? Im no tech geek and i do not want to brick my computer. Thks for the help

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v -no-zp"

If the above resulting in the same issue, then connect monitor to the onboard digital output port (DVI/HDMI).
Set the integrated graphics/processor graphics as the primary video adapter/initial display port on BIOS.

Then boot with the above flags and check.

Try booting with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v -no-zp"

If the above resulting in the same issue, then connect monitor to the onboard digital output port (DVI/HDMI).
Set the integrated graphics/processor graphics as the primary video adapter/initial display port on BIOS.

Then boot with the above flags and check.

Hi thanks for the boot flags I successfully installed yosemite and got the drivers up and running. However i have a small problem. My wifi does not work. It is the onboard wifi on my gigabyte h97n wifi board. What should do? Thanks for your help

Hi thanks for your help but problem is, im using a gigabyte h97n wifi motherboard, but i do not know the manufacturer of the wifi module in my motherboard. Can anyone help me with this? Thks

Most probably you can find it with DPCIManager.

Alternatively search in this forum with your motherboard model number and see whether other users were able to enable it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back