GTX Titan X SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I recently built my PC and installed Yosemite 10.10.3 on it. I have everything working using Multibeast Post-Install......except the Titan. I can only boot into Yosemite with the boot flag, nv_disable=1, which disables the Nvidia drivers. I have to use that flag even when I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and Cuda Drivers. System Info recognizes it as "NVIDIA Chip Model" and at 1024x786, I want to be able to run at 1080p to use FCPX and Adobe CC. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:
Intel i7 4790
Gigabyte z97 Gaming 3
HyperX 16GB 2133Mhz
EVGA Titan X SC
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

I got the Web drivers and CUDA Drivers installed with no problem. But once I switch to the Web drivers I can not longer boot up without nv_disable=1. I loose my input from the Titan, I'm using the DVI Port on the back and even tried the HDMI but no luck. By chance, one time I was able to get it run with Yosemite recognizing the Titan X and its 12GB of VRam but after doing my audio driver install and rebooting, it all went away. I'm not sure what I did to get it to work but I'm back to square one now.

I got the Web drivers and CUDA Drivers installed with no problem. But once I switch to the Web drivers I can not longer boot up without nv_disable=1. I loose my input from the Titan, I'm using the DVI Port on the back and even tried the HDMI but no luck. By chance, one time I was able to get it run with Yosemite recognizing the Titan X and its 12GB of VRam but after doing my audio driver install and rebooting, it all went away. I'm not sure what I did to get it to work but I'm back to square one now.

Are you using the Preference Pane to select the NVIDIA drivers or using nvda_drv=1?

I've started to use both. But I've found that using nvda_drv=1 only works every so often. I usually have to restart my desktop a few times for it to actually work. However I've found that when it doesn't succeed, I get an error saying that the Maxwell series is unknown or something. SAMPLE: GeForceSensors (pci2): [Fatal] unknown chipset, 0x124020a1. When I have to reboot, I will try to take a picture of the error when I boot into verbose.

I've started to use both. But I've found that using nvda_drv=1 only works every so often. I usually have to restart my desktop a few times for it to actually work. However I've found that when it doesn't succeed, I get an error saying that the Maxwell series is unknown or something. SAMPLE: GeForceSensors (pci2): [Fatal] unknown chipset, 0x124020a1. When I have to reboot, I will try to take a picture of the error when I boot into verbose.

This message is just the FakeSMC plugin telling you that it can't read temperature sensors, it shouldn't affect booting success. To be sure though, you can remove the GeForceSensors kext. You should try all the troubleshooting people do with the other Maxwell cards (making sure that you have kext-dev-mode=1, for the recent drivers, making sure your smbios is correct, etc.).

Yosemite and Titan X [SOLVED]

I went into my boot.plist and added the kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_drv=1 and changed UseKernalCache to No and now I can boot into Yosemite with no problems. Thanks for all the help.

I went into my boot.plist and added the kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_drv=1 and changed UseKernalCache to No and now I can boot into Yosemite with no problems. Thanks for all the help.

You can probably boot with kernel cache if you rebuild it using terminal. Using kernel cache will greatly speed up your boot times.

I went ahead and rebuilt and switch it back to On. But I get sound assertions from AppleHDAEnabler. I still boot up fine but it adds like a minute to my boot time. Any info?

i can't get mine working. when i install web drivers there's no video. i can access desktop via Remote Desktop. that's it though.

if i use nv_disable i can see the desktop but then the drivers aren't loaded and resolution is too small.

any ideas?

GPU - Titan X (of course)
Mobo - Asus Rampage IV Extreme (X79)
CPU - intel 3930k
OS - Yosemite
Bootloader - Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back