Contribute
Register

Yosemite - all Atheros AR8151 solutions are unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind telling us which card exactly?
Since a few (as the linked sonnet) seem to have problems with gigabyte's z77 board I'm interested in reports about working cards.

All my boards/laptops have working Intel or Realtek NICs.

Shopping for a card will depend on availability in your area. Gather as much information about the proposed device as possible (vendor/device-id) so you can easily determine if it is supported.

Mind telling us which card exactly?
Since a few (as the linked sonnet) seem to have problems with gigabyte's z77 board I'm interested in reports about working cards.

I used the Tenda TEL9901G PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter because it was in my spare parts box. It's a PCI nic card available at Microcenter, but available from lots of places for around $10. A step up would be the Tenda UG1 Gigabit PCI-Express X1 Network Adapter for about $13. Both use a Realtek chipset. I don't recall which chipset for the 9901G, but the UG1 uses the RTL8168e chipset.

I used the Tenda TEL9901G PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter because it was in my spare parts box. It's a PCI nic card available at Microcenter, but available from lots of places for around $10. A step up would be the Tenda UG1 Gigabit PCI-Express X1 Network Adapter for about $13. Both use a Realtek chipset. I don't recall which chipset for the 9901G, but the UG1 uses the RTL8168e chipset.
Got the Tenda U1 just a few hours ago. Not sure if it's exactly the one you mentioned as it cost me only 5€ but maybe the price dropped since there's a U2 now (its successor?).
So far everything is working great using Mieze's driver. Down/uploadspeed from my NAS increased a little, now let's see when/if a crash will happen one day... I hope not. :)
Thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back