Contribute
Register

Yosemite - all Atheros AR8151 solutions are unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I see no reason to buy a new motherboard when there are existing and working PCIe LAN adapters since everything else works just fine.
Apparently there's GE1000LAB-E but its predecessor had problems with Gigabyte's Z77 boards. I found no info about the new version though.

Well I see no reason to buy a new motherboard when there are existing and working PCIe LAN adapters since everything else works just fine.
Apparently there's GE1000LAB-E but its predecessor had problems with Gigabyte's Z77 boards. I found no info about the new version though.

So which one does work? One posts says a particular device works fine while the next post says it doesn't. It has become very difficult to know what hardware works (reliable) these days. Since I don't own a mac I don't even know if my issue is related to osx86. It might even be a router=>mac problem.
I can buy a HP NC360T or GE1000LAB-E but the latter cost twice as much.

So which one does work? One posts says a particular device works fine while the next post says it doesn't. It has become very difficult to know what hardware works (reliable) these days. Since I don't own a mac I don't even know if my issue is related to osx86. It might even be a router=>mac problem.
I can buy a HP NC360T or GE1000LAB-E but the latter cost twice as much.

Absolutely no idea.
I can't find anything about the GE1000LAB-E and all I see about the HP NC360T is pretty bad.
Seems like most people are satisfied with their onboard chip?
What about products with official OSX support? This would most likely require drivers from the manufacturer, therefore not working OOB but imo that's better than random crashes etc...

I think I've tried this one, no good. Also:

The nice thing about a desktop is you can simply install a network card that has better drivers (Intel or Realtek).

rehabman could recommend one that work well ?

Pick one that is supported by one of Mieze's drivers. Cards based on Intel and Realtek chips are relatively common.

Pick one that is supported by one of Mieze's drivers. Cards based on Intel and Realtek chips are relatively common.

I'll echo that. Case in point, I had been unable to get 300 Mps down/20 Mps up as I am supposed to be getting from Time Warner Cable. First question was did I have a 1 GBps nic card. Of course, the GA-Z77-DS3H v 1.1 MB has the Atheros GbE lan chip. does. TWC tests from the head office indicated everything was configured and operating to specs. When they came out to my place, the laptop they brought had 300+ Mps down / 23 Mps up while I had variable speeds ranging from 60-130 Mps down/3-20 Mps up (using Mieze's AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0 driver in MultiBeast 7.3. Added a $9 Realtek chipset PCI nic card and speeds went to 300-320 Mps down/23 Mps Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back