Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.

My OS X is connected to my Ethernet cable. My iPhone is using WiFi. However, AirDrop doesn't seem to detect my iPhone. I have no Bluetooth Adapter, so I thought that being on the same network would allow the iPhone and the OS X to work together to make AirDrop available.

Why's that happening? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

Continuity doesn't seem to work as well. This is my SMBIOS:

0d5a1cdddf.png

It's a new model, so it should be ok, however I don't see the checkbox that allows it in the general preferences. It should be here:

f5979a79f5.png

the same as here

there is no tick box on general preference for handoff but conectivity work as well

also i can't find airdrop section

ana31304.png

any one have solution ?

Hello.

My OS X is connected to my Ethernet cable. My iPhone is using WiFi. However, AirDrop doesn't seem to detect my iPhone. I have no Bluetooth Adapter, so I thought that being on the same network would allow the iPhone and the OS X to work together to make AirDrop available.

Thanks.

AirDrop is wifi based. you have to have it turned on.

Hello.

Here's a solution :

Enable Airdrop via Ethernet - http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/networking/how-to-enable-airdrop-on-ethernet-connected-and-unsupported-macs/

In Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1
and Restart

Good Luck

I can't get it to work either. I'm on the same WiFi network and everything. It works between my iPhone 6 and iPad Air, but not my Hackintosh.

The he only reason I can reason why it's not working is due to an incompatible WiFi card. I'll be able to know for sure when I get the OEM one I ordered online.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to have Bluetooth AND wifi to be on at the same time, I have transferred images from hackintosh and iPhone 5 and visa versa.

No. It's wifi only. As my hack currently has no bt and I can airdrop, I can confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back