Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-UP5TH
CPU
intel i7 3770 3.4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 950
The freeze happens at random points when I'm doing something that I deem ram intensive (streaming audio, playing video, using Ableton etc.). The entire system just freezes solid, no mouse or keyboard movement. It used to only happen when I was doing intense work on Ableton prior to Yosemite but now it happens quite often and is quite annoying.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Specs:

i7 3.4 GHz
12 GB 133 MHz DDR3 Ram
256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096MB
Gigabyte Z77X UP5TH

MEMORY SPEC:

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled
Upgradeable Memory: Yes

BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0:

Size: Empty
Type: Empty
Speed: Empty
Manufacturer: Empty
Part Number: Empty
Serial Number: Empty

BANK 1/ChannelA-DIMM1:

Size: 4 GB
Type: DDR3
Speed: 1333 MHz
Manufacturer: Corsair
Part Number: CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9
Serial Number: -

BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0:

BANK 3/ChannelB-DIMM1:

I've attached the log from before the freeze most recently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 4.02.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 4.02.23 PM.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 597
if you are overclocking and your bios settings are not optimum for it, it may be causing your computer to freeze due to CPU and voltage overload since you said it only happens while you have hardworking apps on.

Otherwise, if you have USB 2/3 external HDD plugged in, probably that is what causing random freezes,which is apparently a common issue on Yosemite 10.10. There are many people with the same problem including myself but I don't know what is the cause of that and haven't had any solution to it yet...

Otherwise, if you have USB 2/3 external HDD plugged in, probably that is what causing random freezes,which is apparently a common issue on Yosemite 10.10. There are many people with the same problem including myself but I don't know what is the cause of that and haven't had any solution to it yet...

Hmm? Can you elaborate on this? I have been trying to find out what is causing my freezes, and have not heard this before. I have a constantly plugged-in external HDD for time machine backups, but I never thought to check stability without it. I will have to test this when I'm home tonight. The only problem I knew it was causing was booting problems, that I solved by deleting all boot-media from my boot lineup but the SSD with OS X. For some reason, even though it wasn't a bootable option, there mere existence of it in the BIOS options led to crashes.

I've attached the log from before the freeze most recently.

Hi, I installed Yosemite and had no major issues with it for a couple of weeks, but now all of a sudden I am getting freezing issues too. I have a slightly different system to you though. I am going to check my own logs and compare them to yours (when I figure out where they are).

Hi There! Here there's another post on Yosemite freezing attitude, with some suggestions, mine is keep freezing but i need to try the last solution on DRAM timing/voltage or base clock underclocking... :crazy:

I updated to the latest NVIDA drivers and I have not had the problem since. Worth looking into...

I updated to the latest NVIDA drivers and I have not had the problem since. Worth looking into...

With the nvidia drivers I have the problem that they only offer 30hz for my resolution, the build in drivers offer 50hz ... but I might get a new card with displayport soon.

Hey Lieder1987, I just did a Yosemite upgrade from Mavericks on the same equipment you have and am experiencing random freezes. Are you referring to the alternate Nvidia drivers that were recently released?

Thanks

What audio card are you using? It says in you log You are using an USB radio card. have you tried to use the onboard sound card and see if the problem goes away? I'm having the same problem.

I thought is was Logix/Nativinstruments but i can't replicate it at and given point. It does appear to be usb related in my case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back