Contribute
Register

Yosemite 10.10 Install on hard drive but unable to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 7 64-Bit & OSX Yosemite 10.10.1
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Graphics
AMD R9290X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am new to Hackintosh and want to get into the world of Hackintoshes.

I have followed the instruction given by tonymacx86 using this guide:

How to install OS X Yosemite using Clover

I have installed the OS very easily and with no hassle what so ever. Unfortunately, after installing 'YOSEMITE', the installation was complete and when trying the OS X, the OS loads but after the screen with the Apple Logo and the loading bar, I get this screen twice and then a blank screen forever:

IMAG0768.jpg

I'm unsure if this is due to the Graphics Card or something else. Everything ran smoothly when setting up the USB and installing the OS.

This is my setup that I have:

MoBo: GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU: Intel i7-4770k (Haswell)
GPU: AMD R9-290X
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Any help would be appreciated.
If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask me.

If you have never installed OS X it would be much easier to start with the Chimera boot loader using the tools on this website.
If you can get Clover working, which is difficult under the best of circumstances, you only gain access to apple messaging, something that is useful but not essential. I have it on my Apple machines but don't miss it working on a desktop hackintosh.
Clover requires some understanding of plists and other arcana of Apple programming choices that Unibeast/Multibeast automate.

Things rarely go perfectly the first time.
Pay special attention to issues specific to your chipset, CPU and GPU.
In multibeast I recommend that you first try to make sure the computer boots reliably off the hard drive before installing kexts for networking and audio: don't check any of those things off in the first multibeast run. If you can stably boot off a hard drive/SSD the rest will come.
Many new users in Yosemite think audio is not working but they have not configured it correctly in System Preferences/Sound. Ditto for video output over HDMI.

I've planned out what I'm going to do.

I have found Kexts that relate to this issue that I'm having as most people are having scambled screens when booting Yosemite. I will try and find them.

I will also try and use the Intel Graphics from the Motherboard rather than the GPU by disconnecting it from the PCI-E slot.

If this doesn't go as well as I planned, I will have another go on the Chimera Boot instead.

All I can say is good luck to me. Thanks for the reply.

Success! I have Yosemite 10.10.1 booted and running smoothly on my Z87X-D3H motherboard and i7 4770k Intel chip.

I did hit some barriers but managed to fix them which includes MultiBeast.

I did install Yosemite on my main drive using Clover but managed to boot the last part of the installation using UniBeast. It stopped on "Setting up your Mac..." but decided to reboot the PC and managed to setup my mac fine.

After that, a do have some occasional crashes when starting up the drive but everything is smooth and running fine, also with the GPU (AMD R9 290X).

Very pleased with Yosemite running on a great build.

Thanks TonyMacx86 for making this happen! x

If anyone has the same build and are having problems, I can lend you a hand and tell you the process of getting my build working with Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back