Contribute
Register

[Yosemite 10.10.3] How to get HDMI Audio working on nVidia GeForce 210 (GT218)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hp pavilion g6
CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
intel hd
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Tutorial: How to get HDMI audio on nVidia G218 (10.10.3)

In this post, I will inform you on to enable HDMI audio on the nVidia GeForce 210 1GB GDDR3 graphics card. Audio is fully working and sounds 'normal'.

My build
Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93Ghz (Clarkdale Intel HD Graphics does not work with OS X)
Intel Desktop Board DH55TC, very compatible with OS X
4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz
MSI GeForce N210 Nvidia Graphics Card

(£18.99 from Amazon)

Tutorial

1. Download VoodooHDA 2.8.7 from their Google Code website, (do not install; link)
  2. Place the VoodooHDA.kext in a memorable location
  3. ​Open up your memorable location, (in my case; my desktop) and right click your kext and click Show Package Contents navigate to contents and drag Info.plist out on to your desktop
  4. Now open up your Info.plist with your favorite editing software and find 'IOPCIClassMatch'; replace this with 'IOPCIPrimaryMatch', the value of this should be '0xDEVCEIDVENDORID'. However, the device ID should be the ID for your graphics cards sound chip. You can find this by using DPCIManager, which has been attached; in the tools.zip archive.
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 2.51.54 PM.png
5. Now you need to generate your EFI GFX String with can be done with OSX86Toolswhich has been attached; in the tools.zip archive.
6. Once you have generated your GFX string, add a value called device-properties under your IOPCIPrimaryMatch and paste the string in, (or modify the attached info.plist).
7. Add another value, AllowMSI and make that Boolean false.
8. Save the info.plist and move it back into the Contents folder of your kext; ensure that you replace the file not rename it.
9. Install this kext using Kext Utility and reboot
10. Choose the second HDMI audio option within the Sound panel
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 3.10.55 PM.png
11.if all goes well, you should now have working HDMI Audio, without any DSDT modifications!

If you wish to use my version kext/plist below, feel free :)

Any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    165.3 KB · Views: 2,500
  • Info.plist
    4 KB · Views: 2,827
  • tools.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 4,545
Last edited:
Thank you I shall see if this works with my NVidia GTX 750ti 2gb graphics card and let you know soon :)

Thanks!!

Finally got audio working, that was the last part I needed to make my hackintosh work great.

Have you found a fix for the mute and the slider?

Many thanks!!

Yes i can confirm this works with my nvidia card also!! :D I'm currently on 10.10.1 but soon updating to 10.10.3 once the App Store download completes and UniBeast does its job ^_^ thank you!!

These are valuable info, thanks zzombiesniperz.
137365-schermata-2015-05-14-alle-09-06-22.png
Where did you get how to mod voodoo kext? I'd like to dig into that in order to make HDMI source look better in System Preferences Panel.
Oh, btw, my settings for this "Low Budget" hack:
  • Clover In EFI partition install method
  • Motherboard Asus H81M-K (Patched UEFI Bios)
  • CPU Intel Pentium Haswell G3220 3.0 GHz (FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 and -xcpm boot flag)
  • Graphics Inno 3D nVidia GeForce ® 210 1024 MB DDR3 (EFI string)
  • RAM Corsair VS DDR3 PC1333, 4GB CL9
  • Inateck 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI-Express Card (OOB)
  • SSD Kingston 120GB SSDNowV300
  • Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD-RW
  • Case LC-Power 7024B with 420 Watt PSU
  • Yosemite 10.10.3
  • Windows 8.1 Pro wmc 64 bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Did you find the answer on how to generate the EFI string. I would really appreciate some help on the subject. Thanks.

No way!!! My audio is finally working!!!

I've got a 660 GTX 2 GB, disabled motherboard intel audio, Clover. 10.10.5, w/ NVIDIA web driver.

I managed to do a Multibeast Voodoo VT 2021 audio install, then did the above steps, overwriting the VoodooHDA.kext with my changes. I removed the AppleHDA.kext from the system.

Two tricks I had to deal with:

1) filling out my EFI string, selecting custom - 2GB is 0x80000000
2) filling in the correct ID from the card from the DPCIManager -> reading your instructions again - I had VendorID|DeviceID instead of DeviceID|VendorID. Once I fixed the order and rebooted - BAM... I have 4 HDMI audio devices, #2 is what works for me.

Sweet! I spent freaking weeks trying all methods - even moving to Clover boot loader in hopes of gaining something.

This works!

Last edited:
This is my first hackintosh and i feel proud !!! to almost make it just the audio don't work, any ways Thank you Tony for this option, i just think a buy a new imac 21.5 2015, but now a save a lot $$$:mrgreen: so its a good option for hobby and work pro, so im so happy to make it :D and if some one have a kext for Nvidia gt210 2 gb, please contac me Thank you!!:thumbup:

yosemite 10.10.5
nvidia gt 210 2gb
corei 3
gigabyte (1150)

esta es mi primera hackintosh y me siento muy orgulloso!!! también me falta el audio que no funciona, de todas formas Gracias Tony por esta opción, estaba por comprar una imac de 21.5 de 2015, peor ahora me he ahorrado mucho $$$$:mrgreen: así que es buena opción para trabajar profesionalmente y como hobby, me siento muy feliz de poder hacerla:D y si alguien tiene el Kext para Nvidia gt 210 2gb, contacten porfavor Gracias!!:thumbup:

yosemite 10.10.5
nvidia gt 210 2gb
corei 3
gigabyte (1150)

Fantastic! Tried so many other ways and this was not only the simplest but it worked first time on Yosemite 10.10.4. :thumbup:

My setup:
MSI Z97 Gamer 7 mobo
16GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 RAM
MSI GeForce 210 3d 1GB nVidia card
Intel i5 4760k Haswell
Yosemite 10.10.4 OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back