Yosemite 10.10.2 - Unable to boot after applying MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H61M-D2P-B3 F12
CPU
Core i5-2500K (Sandy Bridge)
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GT610 1GB (GV-N610SL-1GI)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I'm a complete newbie so thanks in advance for your patience!

I've installed Yosemite 10.10.2 (on my first build below) using UniBeast and following Tony's guide. Everything was just perfect and no bootflags were needed.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-D2P-B3 BIOS F12
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge)
VGA: Intel HD 3000 (using VGA cable with a VGA LCD screen - seems to work fine)
HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO - 250 GB

However, after applying MultiBeast I'm no longer able to boot. I'm using the correct DSDT file for my motherboard from Tony's database. I've tried a few different MultiBeast settings (following guides from guys with similar setups) but no success.

It always gets stuck on the grey screen with apple logo (around 30%).

I have attached images of my MultiBeast settings together with the boot screen also in the verbose mode.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong with the MultiBeast?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 184
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 201
Intel HD 3000 (using VGA cable with a VGA LCD screen - seems to work fine)
There is no support for VGA - Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Indeed your problem would appear to be graphics related.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong with the MultiBeast?

You could try the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform rollback from Multibeast.

Hi P1LGRIM! You’re a legend!

I added 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform rollback, connected a small 19” DVI monitor and I was able to boot without any problems! I’ve attached my latest MultiBeast settings in case anyone finds it helpful.

I have a few questions.

1. I still hope to use my 22” (VGA only) screen which I was trying to use initially. Since the onboard HD3000 has only VGA and DVI-D outputs, I’m thinking about getting nVidia GT610 - it has DVI-I and HDMI outputs. Is my VGA only screen likely to work using the DVI-I to VGA or HDMI to VGA adaptor?

*@alienoo actually reported this card working on Yosemite even via VGA: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...887-core-i3-3220-4gb-ram-nvidia-gt-610-a.html

Any thoughts?

2. Second option (more expensive) would be getting a new LCD screen with DVI input. If I have to go down this path, will the current HD3000 be able to run 1920x1080 resolution under Yosemite? I found somewhat mixed reports on the forum. I know it can do it under Windows.

*sorry for these hypothetical questions - but I need to determine whether I have to buy a new GPU or a whole screen :/

3. My last question, is there anything else I should do with MultiBeast in order to optimise the system for best performance? For example, I’ve seen others change “system definitions” or install 10.10.x TRIM patch.

Many thanks again for your help! I hugely appreciate it!

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 176
I have a few questions

1. I still hope to use my 22” (VGA only) screen which I was trying to use initially. Since the onboard HD3000 has only VGA and DVI-D outputs, I’m thinking about getting nVidia GT610 - it has DVI-I and HDMI outputs. Is my VGA only screen likely to work using the DVI-I to VGA or HDMI to VGA adaptor?

Normally VGA will not support on Yosemite. So not sure whether the DVI-VGA converter can help in this case or not.

*@alienoo actually reported this card working on Yosemite even via VGA: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...887-core-i3-3220-4gb-ram-nvidia-gt-610-a.html

Any thoughts?

No more idea about VGA on Yosemite.

2. Second option (more expensive) would be getting a new LCD screen with DVI input. If I have to go down this path, will the current HD3000 be able to run 1920x1080 resolution under Yosemite? I found somewhat mixed reports on the forum. I know it can do it under Windows.

I am sure about upto 1600x900 on HD3000. But not sure on Full HD

*sorry for these hypothetical questions - but I need to determine whether I have to buy a new GPU or a whole screen

Better open a thread in this forum's Buying Advice Section. That may help you to decide which one you have to buy.

3. My last question, is there anything else I should do with MultiBeast in order to optimise the system for best performance? For example, I’ve seen others change “system definitions” or install 10.10.x TRIM patch.

TRIM Patch required only when your OS X running on a SSD.

I am not recommending the system definition changing, however you can change it to appropriate one as per what hardware you have. Check here to find the correct one : http://www.everymac.com

Note :- Do not change the System Definition directly in SMBIOS.plist.

Good Luck...!

Hey Jithin.C.V,

Thanks a lot for your advice!

In terms of TRIM, can I install it with MultiBeast although my system was already configured with MultiBeast after OSX installation?

Or would it be better to use the TrimEnabler tool mentioned on the forum?

Thanks for your help buddy!

Hey Jithin.C.V,

Thanks a lot for your advice!

In terms of TRIM, can I install it with MultiBeast although my system was already configured with MultiBeast after OSX installation?

Or would it be better to use the TrimEnabler tool mentioned on the forum?

Thanks for your help buddy!

Just rerun the latest version of Multibeast and select only the TRIM Patch install it.

Good Luck...!

How's your sound working? I have the same motherboard, but I'm still running BIOS F9. My sound does not work properly. It's really quiet. It seems the mixer is disabled or something. I will try updating to F12, but I suspect it will not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back