Contribute
Register

yosemite 10.10.1 achieved but not working sound applehda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp probook 4530s
CPU
core i5 2410m
Graphics
intel 3000/ ATI 6490
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I could not solve the the sound problem. Can you help? I can not tell you the method.

Is there an easy way to activate the the sound.

Thank you to everyone. Your effort is too much.

I do not succeed for sound applehda kext patch :(

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Thanks.

I was going to make my own thread but noticed something similar going on already so I'll just post here.
Since 10.9 Probook Installer's method for AppleHDA patching (It adds IDT 76d1 patch in clover config) does not seem to work for me (no audio devices detected).
I have 4530s and to get my audio working I just installed the last kext that worked for me which is patched AppleHDA from some ancient version of the installer for 10.8. Everything was working great but lately my internal mic stopped working after sleep.

I would be grateful if someone could provide me with vanilla AppleHDA from 10.10.1 so I can try and patch it as I don't have 10.10 installer to extract it from.
Also some tips on why Probook Installer fails at my audio and what might be wrong with my mic would be great!

I was going to make my own thread but noticed something similar going on already so I'll just post here.
Since 10.9 Probook Installer's method for AppleHDA patching (It adds IDT 76d1 patch in clover config) does not seem to work for me (no audio devices detected).

It works, but sometimes you have to rebuild cache and reboot a few times....

I have 4530s and to get my audio working I just installed the last kext that worked for me which is patched AppleHDA from some ancient version of the installer for 10.8. Everything was working great but lately my internal mic stopped working after sleep.

In order for Clover on-the-fly AppleHDA patching to work, you *must* have vanilla AppleHDA installed.

I would be grateful if someone could provide me with vanilla AppleHDA from 10.10.1 so I can try and patch it as I don't have 10.10 installer to extract it from.

You can obtain a vanilla 10.10.1 AppleHDA by doing a fresh install.

You can obtain a vanilla 10.10.1 AppleHDA by doing a fresh install.

Can I just get it out of Install OS X app with pacifist?
If so where do I look?

Can I just get it out of Install OS X app with pacifist?
If so where do I look?

It is better to do a fresh install and source it from the resulting install. The one in the installer image is incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back