Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, installed yose and everything was working except, every time I booted it would take two or three times, as every thing looked fine but I went to move the mouse and all had frozen, anyhow after the second or so reboot the mouse worked fine, and did so until I shut down. Then every so often the monitor would shut down but the PC stayed on, so I would shut it down manually. After a month or so I thought the motherboard needed the bios update ( it was F3 and the latest was F9 ) so I loaded the bios from Gigabyte on to a flash drive and updated the bios, I then continued to reset the bios, disabled Vtd, check sata was set to AHCI, Erp disabled and graphic was set to PCIe 1 slot, low and behold it doesn't work, gets as far as the apple screen and then blank black screen. What gone wrong I ask myself, so here I am writing to any one who may have an idea, mobo is a GA-Z87X-UD4H supporting an i7 haswell and NVIDIA GT640, thanks dirtwegy.

Hi, installed yose and everything was working except, every time I booted it would take two or three times, as every thing looked fine but I went to move the mouse and all had frozen, anyhow after the second or so reboot the mouse worked fine, and did so until I shut down. Then every so often the monitor would shut down but the PC stayed on, so I would shut it down manually. After a month or so I thought the motherboard needed the bios update ( it was F3 and the latest was F9 ) so I loaded the bios from Gigabyte on to a flash drive and updated the bios, I then continued to reset the bios, disabled Vtd, check sata was set to AHCI, Erp disabled and graphic was set to PCIe 1 slot, low and behold it doesn't work, gets as far as the apple screen and then blank black screen. What gone wrong I ask myself, so here I am writing to any one who may have an idea, mobo is a GA-Z87X-UD4H supporting an i7 haswell and NVIDIA GT640, thanks dirtwegy.

Which port you are using for Monitor connection??

Which version of Yosemite you are running now??

Try boot without caches.

I'm using Dsub on the graphics card and 10.2. What flag do I use to boot without caches, thanks.

I'm using Dsub on the graphics card and 10.2. What flag do I use to boot without caches, thanks.

VGA not supported on Yosemite. Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port without any converters.

Try to boot with -f -v, if the booting stuck with messages on screen post a photo of the entire screen.

My monitor only has VGA, but i'll get back to you with any photos, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back