Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success here on Yoga 720 15"!

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700HQ
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
SSD: Samsung PM961 512 GB NVMe (Working OOTB in High Sierra)
GPU: Intel HD 630 (IntelGraphicsDVMTFixUp)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 (NVIDIA disabled via nv_disable=1)
WiFi: BCM4352 (FakePCIID + BrcmPatchRAM2 + AirportBrcmFixUp)
Audio: Realtek ALC236 (AppleALC + FakePCIID)
Trackpad: ELAN0651 I2C (VoodooI2C)
Touch Screen: WCOM50FC I2C (VoodooI2C)

I've submitted patches upstream to both VoodooI2C and AppleALC to support this laptop.

First patch to the DSDT you'll want to do is add "Store (0x7DF, OSYS)" to _SB.PCI0.INI before the _PR.DTSE CondRefOf (spoof Windows 2015 OSI for I2C drivers)

For sleep/wake, patch DSDT with Rehabman's usb_prw_0x0d_xhc_skl
For brightness keys, patch DSDT's _Q11 (brightness down) and _Q12 (brightness up) methods under EC0

Known Issues:

All Versions:
  • Thunderbolt 3 & USB-C hotplug doesn't work. Device must be plugged in before boot

High Sierra:
  • Waking from sleep gets a black screen with spinning beachball
  • Battery percentage doesn't update properly
Sierra:
  • NVMe SSD doesn't show up. Had to use USB connected SSD (Edit: Fixed with HackrNVMeFamily)
I've attached config.plist and kexts folder for Clover :)

Can you tell me what did you use for the boot usb creation (just UniBeast or smth else?), bios settings and is it enough just to copy and paste all the files?) I've been trying for 8 hours today achieved the installation on my external SSD and then got "cannot allocate bla-bla" error :c my butt is warming up)

Are you sure you've got the right version of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?

This has been a great laptop, I've currently migrated to Open Core and Catalina. Is anyone working with any of the Big Sur Betas yet? I am, but can't get integrated graphics to work with acceleration. Since it is still beta, not too concerned yet. Curious about anyone still working with this

If you using this Notebook with an 4K Panel / Display , you‘ll Need to use opencore and also Need to edit the edid of the integrated Display, under big sur -cdfon will work, there‘s no new pixel clock path for 4K Displays.

the workaround is to spoof an edited edid to 48hz refresh rate.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Confirmed working

Transitioned to opencore, fully working including voodooi2c track pad and touchscreen on big sur beta!

Nice to hear that, would you like provide your efi?

Here you go. update with your smbios info.
Misc>securebootmodel>Disabled needed to boot
Trackpad working in interrupt mode but click and drag not working.
Modify TPXX SSDT with your info from
https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCor...XX Patch Method/SSDT-OCI2C-TPXX-LenovoIWL.dsl

bluetooth not working, shows working in system profiler but devices will not connect
Device properties> frame buffer works but probably needs a little more, I haven't tested with external monitor
Battery indicator working with generic SSDT (Dortania guide) but will make custom SSDT with Rehabman's patch at some point

So not 100% but well on the way.
Thanks again for EDID patch info, I was stuck there for weeks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
Audio working as well
I deleted tools and resources folder from efi folder to reduce file size
fresh compile with kexts using OCBuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back