Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's PM981 unfortunately and the panic behavior during installation is related to this SSD as others write..
So now trying cloning scenario, and tweaking nvme kext, I've seen people had some success with it, cuz it's gonna be complicated to have SSD replaced to PM961 by the retailer, and doing it by myself will make me lose warranty which's not what I want..

Hello to everyone!
First of all i wanna say thank you to every contributor to this conversation! I wanted to buy & hack yoga 720 15 since i found out that touchscreen will work and when I found this theme my intention to make my first hackintosh was established. Now I'm owning this laptop for a week and want to think that the most of stuff is working. Special thanks to @RehabMan for all this amazing guides! I've not started wifi and external monitor stuff yet, but every other stuff looks good.

The main issue now is with sleep/wake. After this cycle laptop does not charge (power indicator does not light up). To fix that I need to unplug battery, and charging will work till next sleep.

I've tried to compare my config with others from this thread and to google this issue, but none of it worked out..

For now I have rehabman's usb_prw_0x0d_xhc_skl DSDT patch and hibernation turned off (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0).

Hope to get a feedback, we're about to make a guide for this laptop! Here's my debug output.

Attachments

• debug_18871.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Hello to everyone!
First of all i wanna say thank you to every contributor to this conversation! I wanted to buy & hack yoga 720 15 since i found out that touchscreen will work and when I found this theme my intention to make my first hackintosh was established. Now I'm owning this laptop for a week and want to think that the most of stuff is working. I've not started wifi and external monitor stuff yet, but every other stuff looks good.

The main issue now is with sleep/wake. After this cycle laptop does not charge (power indicator does not light up). To fix that I need to unplug battery, and charging will work till next sleep.

I've tried to compare my config with others from this tread and to google this issue, but none of it worked out..

For now I have rehabman's usb_prw_0x0d_xhc_skl DSDT patch and hibernation turned off (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0).

Hope to get a feedback, we're about to make a guide for this laptop! Here's my debug output. Thank you in advance @RehabMan!

A relatively quick workaround for the charging issue is to shut down the laptop and then hold the power button for about ~20 seconds (let go when the fan starts kicking in). This will let you just plug it back in.

Of course this is a dirty workaround but it might help ya for now :)

Hello to everyone!
First of all i wanna say thank you to every contributor to this conversation! I wanted to buy & hack yoga 720 15 since i found out that touchscreen will work and when I found this theme my intention to make my first hackintosh was established. Now I'm owning this laptop for a week and want to think that the most of stuff is working. Special thanks to @RehabMan for all this amazing guides! I've not started wifi and external monitor stuff yet, but every other stuff looks good.

I've tried to compare my config with others from this thread and to google this issue, but none of it worked out..

Hope to get a feedback, we're about to make a guide for this laptop! Here's my debug output.

Patching _PRW 0x0d is wrong for your ACPI files. Your files use 0x6d.

Hello to all on tonymacx86,

I tried to install latest Mac OS 13.6 on the Lenovo Yoga 720 15 (with 7700hq, 8GB RAM, Toshiba 512GB NVMe SSD and FullHD screen) according to this guide

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

it worked until the first reboot after installation, since then only a dark screen with a white crossed out circle appears.
Every try after that ends at the exact same symbol without even booting to the Mac OS installation. Clover EFI boot menue etc works fine though.
I already tried multiple times to create a news bootable USB stick, according to the guide, just with UniBeast, with UniBeast and modified kexts, but nothing seems to help.

Meanwhile installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on the machine, which runs flawlessly out of the box with WLAN, touchscreen and pencil.

Is there still hope for getting Mac OS on the Yoga?

Thanks in advance!

Hello to all on tonymacx86,

I tried to install latest Mac OS 13.6 on the Lenovo Yoga 720 15 (with 7700hq, 8GB RAM, Toshiba 512GB NVMe SSD and FullHD screen) according to this guide

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

it worked until the first reboot after installation, since then only a dark screen with a white crossed out circle appears.
Every try after that ends at the exact same symbol without even booting to the Mac OS installation. Clover EFI boot menue etc works fine though.
I already tried multiple times to create a news bootable USB stick, according to the guide, just with UniBeast, with UniBeast and modified kexts, but nothing seems to help.

Meanwhile installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on the machine, which runs flawlessly out of the box with WLAN, touchscreen and pencil.

Is there still hope for getting Mac OS on the Yoga?

Thanks in advance!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Well thank you for your patience.
Meanwhile I managed to get at least Mac OS installed and try to configure it correctly.
The kexts and config I used (they are probably totally wrong for the used Lenovo Yoga 720 15 with 7700hq, 8GB RAM, Toshiba 512GB NVMe SSD and FullHD screen):

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.3 KB · Views: 241
  • kexts.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 168
hello, I recently acquired a yoga 720
I7-8550u
SSD samsung 512gb
Intel HD graphics 620
I can not boot the usb correctly, they could help me, I'm noob in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back