Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I recently acquired a yoga 720
I7-8550u
SSD samsung 512gb
Intel HD graphics 620
I can not boot the usb correctly, they could help me, I'm noob in this.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi guys,

Hoping you can lead me in the right direction.

See profile for hardware info. I followed the Clover instructions to the best of my ability, but there is unfortunately not a lot of guidance of what kexts and edits are needed, so this hasn't been "hacked" too much.

I tried both the spoofed and non spoofed config.plist for Intel HD 630 with the same results.

Also, I saw that Intel NVME is not recommended, but I don't know if that means that it won't work, or whether hacks need to be done.

Please see attached files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20180928_194351.jpg
    IMG_20180928_194351.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 121
Hi guys,

Hoping you can lead me in the right direction.

See profile for hardware info. I followed the Clover instructions to the best of my ability, but there is unfortunately not a lot of guidance of what kexts and edits are needed, so this hasn't been "hacked" too much.

I tried both the spoofed and non spoofed config.plist for Intel HD 630 with the same results.

Check BIOS settings (TPM disabled, CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled, etc)
Try with cpus=1.
Also, add SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive.

Also, I saw that Intel NVME is not recommended, but I don't know if that means that it won't work, or whether hacks need to be done.

It means you'll probably have to replace it.

Check BIOS settings (TPM disabled, CSM/legacy boot enabled, fast boot disabled, etc)
Try with cpus=1.
Also, add SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive.
Checked the BIOS settings, everything looks good to me. Added the SATA-100 kext as well. Also tried cpus=1 (in addition to -v).

Unfortunately, I am using a Sandisk 16GB drive that is USB 3. Can I use a hard drive in an enclosure if it is USB 2, or do I have to track down a USB 2 flash drive?

It means you'll probably have to replace it.
I could do this, but ideally, I would be able to at least boot macOS before making that decision. Would I simply not know if it would work before I were to buy another disk? Are there recommended NVME disks for macOS?

Can I use a hard drive in an enclosure if it is USB 2,

Probably. Try it.

I could do this, but ideally, I would be able to at least boot macOS before making that decision. Would I simply not know if it would work before I were to buy another disk? Are there recommended NVME disks for macOS?

I have not seen Intel NVMe prevent from booting the installer.
People have ok results with Samsung NVMe.
But best reliability/results are with SATA M.2 devices.

I'm at a loss here, sadly. Things have gotten a lot harder than the Tiger days! (last time I had run a hackintosh).

Here are my BIOS settings, in case I am doing something dumb:

Configuration:

Wireless Lan: Enabled
SATA controller mode: AHCI
Power Beep: Disabled
Intel Virtual Technology: Disabled
BIOS Back Flash: Disabled
Hotkey Mode: Enabled
Always on USB: Enabled
Thunderbolt Device Boot Support: Disabled
Thermal Control: Performance

Security:

Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled
Intel SGX: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Exit:

OS Optimized Defaults: Disable

I tried the external hard drive, which I believe is USB 2 (no blue marking on the port) and I get the same verbose log as I do when using USB 3.

Open to any new ideas, of course!

Last edited:
I'm at a loss here, sadly. Y

Did you try a USB2 device yet?

And...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Did you try a USB2 device yet?

And...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
Sorry, my other post was incomplete -- I accidentally posted. Edited that post if you would like to quickly look at my BIOS settings.

Tried a USB 2 adapter for a 2.5" SATA drive (no blue color on the port), reinstalled clover, but copied the HFS/kext etc files from the USB 3 disk. I would have to buy a USB 2 flash drive if that is not satisfactory.

Downloaded macOS from a Macbook Air 13", Early 2015 on Mojave from the App store, created the installer on the same.

Sorry, my other post was incomplete -- I accidentally posted.

Tried a USB 2 adapter for a 2.5" SATA drive (no blue color on the port), reinstalled clover, but copied the HFS/kext etc files from the USB 3 disk).

Downloaded macOS from a Macbook Air 13", Early 2015 on Mojave from the App store, created the installer on the same.

No further ideas from where I sit.
Perhaps you have some of your own, or can look at EFI/Clover that others have used to reach the installer.

Update: Replaced the config.plist from post 7 (changing nothing else) on the USB 2 disk and I am now booted to the installer. Trying the install now (partitioning, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back