Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had obvious errors in my config Plist. It was injecting a fake Cpuid. I also set it to inject intel. I’m up! Graphics show up as Intel HD630 with 31 mb vram no kext loaded. The display shows up as a 61 inch? I do have UHD and 1080 but no acceleration. I’ll keep working on this and gather problem reporting files from here. Thanks
I'm having the same problem which is 31mb for hd 630 on yoga 720, can you explain how did you fix it? I've been stucked on this for days.

Attachments

• debug_14853.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
  • bootlog.txt
    74.1 KB · Views: 204
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 87
  • kernel_log.txt
    87 KB · Views: 197
  • kextcache_log.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 166
  • patchmatic_extraction.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 69
  • panic_logs.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 75
  • nvram.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 214
  • kextstat_log.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 177
  • kextstat_all_log.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 190
  • qiqiandembp.gocfs.net.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 117
  • config.plist
    14.3 KB · Views: 210
Can you give me the right settings for these two values? I was searching and made no discovery

Already answered.
The correct setting is in the plists provided in the guide.

The guide is linked in #153.

Hello guys.
I've purchased Lenovo Yoga 730 (it has i7 8550U and Intel HD 620, other specs are the same, samsung m.2 SSD). but together a friend experienced hackintosher we try to install High Sierra on it with no success.
When we go on APFS way (current Clover folder attached), the installer panics on the first step when 2 minutes remaining before the first reboot.
If we go on JHFS+ way, it finishes 1st step, reboots, loads and gets panic on the second stage with apple logo on the black screen, sometimes on 21 minute remains, sometimes on 15th or later on calculating time remaining.
The text of panic is not shown above the frozen screen (or just rebooting without debug=0x100), keepsyms=1 was on/off..
So literally it's no way to see what causing the panic..
Another strange thing is that when booting after unsuccessful APFS installing attempt, USB mouse doesn't work, I have to format drive with disk utility to JHFS+ using keyboard, reboot installer, and then the mouse works. If we don't use APFS there is no such a problem.
We also tried 10.12.6 (with appropriate config and kexts of course) and there is a panic after first restart and before booting second step from newly created partition - shot of that panic is attached.
Is there anything wrong in my laptop? Or we missing something? we tried a lot of different things, and read the guide lot of times, do you think they've changed something in this model so now it's not compatible?
I attach Clover with extracted files, could you please check it?
thank you

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 127
Hello guys.
I've purchased Lenovo Yoga 730 (it has i7 8550U and Intel HD 620, other specs are the same, samsung m.2 SSD). but together a friend experienced hackintosher we try to install High Sierra on it with no success.
When we go on APFS way (current Clover folder attached), the installer panics on the first step when 2 minutes remaining before the first reboot.
If we go on JHFS+ way, it finishes 1st step, reboots, loads and gets panic on the second stage with apple logo on the black screen, sometimes on 21 minute remains, sometimes on 15th or later on calculating time remaining.
The text of panic is not shown above the frozen screen (or just rebooting without debug=0x100), keepsyms=1 was on/off..
So literally it's no way to see what causing the panic..
Another strange thing is that when booting after unsuccessful APFS installing attempt, USB mouse doesn't work, I have to format drive with disk utility to JHFS+ using keyboard, reboot installer, and then the mouse works. If we don't use APFS there is no such a problem.
We also tried 10.12.6 (with appropriate config and kexts of course) and there is a panic after first restart and before booting second step from newly created partition - shot of that panic is attached.
Is there anything wrong in my laptop? Or we missing something? we tried a lot of different things, and read the guide lot of times, do you think they've changed something in this model so now it's not compatible?
I attach Clover with extracted files, could you please check it?
thank you

Which Samsung SSD?

FYI: MacBookPro14,3 is not a good choice.

Also... see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
(your files prove you didn't follow it)

SAMSUNG MZVLB512HAJQ-000L2
MacBookPro14,1 tried, still an error.

Is that PM981?
Reports of PM981 incompatibility are relatively common here... not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back