Graphics
amd 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, I have the need for a hackingtosh. I have purchased the retail copy of snow leopard version 10.6.3 DVD and have the following spec:
Intel core i5 3570k
asus p8z77 -v lx
8gig ram
Amd radeon 6850
1tb drive which I will partition into 2 for dual boot mountain lion and windows 7 (when it works)
Usb mouse and keyboard

I have done my research before buying and there are plenty of people running great with these components, the trouble I'm having is iBoot doesn't detect the DVD, I load iBoot up fine and eject the cd and then put snow leopard 10.6.3 in and I give it a few mins and I hit f5 and it it jumps to an error pag saying I need to restart my computer. Please help!

Hi guys, I have the need for a hackingtosh. I have purchased the retail copy of snow leopard version 10.6.3 DVD and have the following spec:
Intel core i5 3570k
asus p8z77 -v lx
8gig ram
Amd radeon 6850
1tb drive which I will partition into 2 for dual boot mountain lion and windows 7 (when it works)
Usb mouse and keyboard

I have done my research before buying and there are plenty of people running great with these components, the trouble I'm having is iBoot doesn't detect the DVD, I load iBoot up fine and eject the cd and then put snow leopard 10.6.3 in and I give it a few mins and I hit f5 and it it jumps to an error pag saying I need to restart my computer. Please help!
You need iBoot Ivy Bridge

Sorry forgot to mention that I am using iBoot for ivybridge :oops:

Sorry forgot to mention that I am using iBoot for ivybridge :oops:

wormage

As to your not detecting the DVD media -

We suggest can you boot from a Windows DVD so you get the install screen. If this works then we know that the hardware is functioning.

Also you should be using the SATA ports that are on the intel Z77 chipset not any other SATA ports - check the manual please.

I would suggest your HD be on the first port and the DVD be on the 2nd SATA port.

About the Apple DVD - is this a silver one or one w a white cover and a pic of a snow cat on it.

And You are able to boot from the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD that you made.

Hardware is fine. The DVD is the white one with the snow leopard on front. Already in those ports in that order. I am able to boot into the iboot menu but none of my keys are working on keyboard (it works fine in bios and windows) when pressing keys I sometimes get random characters appearing.

Thanks for this btw :thumbup:

Managed to install and update snow leopard, currently installing mountain lion but still in iboot menu my keys don't seem to match what I'm typing, is it possible that my roccat isku gaming keyboard is having issues with iboot?

Managed to install and update snow leopard, currently installing mountain lion but still in iboot menu my keys don't seem to match what I'm typing, is it possible that my roccat isku gaming keyboard is having issues with iboot?

wormage

You could have issues w that keyboard. Some manufactures do some key remapping and this could be ok w windows but not w linux and OSX.

Suggest you use a standard 102 keyboard.

Also - you should check the BIOS for a setting under the USB section that could effect this - we need to have USB keyboard support enabled as well as support for LEGACY USB which is the USB 1.1 spec. ( which is the circuits that are used in some keyboards.) Who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back